Body image

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BritAurora

Body image

Postby BritAurora » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:16 am

I know this may the wrong place to put it since it in a way is not depression, but for me it's one of the factors that leads to depression.

Lets face it, I hat my body. From the front i'm fine, not very curvy though, tall and wide body frame, not bad but I still feel kinda gross. When I turn around to the side, i'm disgusted. I look at how awful I look. My gut is discusting, my back is fat and huge, and my butt is tiny. I hate it so much. Whenever I look at pictures taken of me at this akward, I want to cry. When I look in the mirror at p.e. I hate myself so much. This all started in freshman year. I had allways hated my body, but never to this extent. I was at this school filled with people I did'nt like. A bunch of these girls would follow me around and poke fun at me, calling me fat and ugly. This one time they took picture of me when I least expected it. They then posted it on facebook. Person after person liked the picture and commented horrible things about me. Things about how huge I was, Who would ever kiss me?, I'm so gross, ect. I saw that picture and broke down. I hated myself. I was fat and ugly and humilated. I thought back on of all the things I did that year and how horrible I must have looked. I thought that if I was fat and ugly, I was'nt allowed to do those things because I would look stupid. So I decided to lose weight about 40 lbs. I was previously was 5ft 10in and was 240, then I was about 180. Time later I started my Junior year I went changed schools and later fell into a depression (explained in one of my previous posts) I wanted to lose more weight and be skinnier, but the more I tried, the more I failed and ended up gaining 10 lbs (and no i'm not doing muscle exercises/lifting/gaining methods of any kind). So now since i'm not skinny enough I can't to outgoing or fun things, I have to be modest. I don't know why my my mind is like this.

EDIT: This is kind of crazy, but after reading my own words and absorbing this, I think this could maybe if not a large contributed, the main cause of my depression. Crazy how just typing things out can makes you realize vital things.

Frame

Postby Frame » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 am

Absolutely Brit; keep writing.

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:04 am

Taking care with your diet and your physical health can improve your self esteem.

Learn about the power of subconscious mind and techniques to help you overcome life issues such as overcoming anxiety, depression, insomnia, stress, increasing self confidence (and many more aspects) using scientifically proven mind power techniques. The subconscious mind contains all our memory, our habits and beliefs, personality and self image.

Frame

Postby Frame » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 am

There is a significant amount of scientific evidence on the neural processing of sensory stimulus. The results conclude that our memories do not reside in the subconscious. They show that there are various levels of sensory processing below and above the consciousness horizon, above which our thoughts become conceptually solid cognitive entities which can be organized and remembered. Below the consciousness horizon, data exists in a number of parallel streams in various states of pattern recognition, but which are not remembered.

Looking into this research as well as a number ancient (sometimes mystic) traditions has lead me to believe that: It is awareness, discernment, and knowledge that changes habits and beliefs, not subliminal suggestion. My belief is; we have to understand in order to accept. We need to look at ourselves clearly with love, kindness, and patience and make conscious decisions about how we wish to live our lives.

Chanting may have it's place in fostering immediate contentment. And hypnosis may give our habits a rest. It is my belief that subliminal suggestion utilizes our habits and beliefs to illicit desired behavior but does not change them. Growth and positive change are not about the subconscious. They are about willingness and work. We hold the power in our conscious minds.

I think McGregor has many good suggestions for positive habits.

TammyJS

Postby TammyJS » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:36 pm

I have been putting on weight and find the depression has been getting worse and worse because of it.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”