life sucks so why stay

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

surfcaster

life sucks so why stay

Postby surfcaster » Wed May 29, 2013 7:06 am

not sure where to put this post so please move it is needed.
im at the point where i don't feel the need to be here any longer, i've tried, i've tried so so hard to make something work, but my ming just doesn't want to, people close to me don/t seem to care anymore,

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed May 29, 2013 11:27 am

Hi Surfcaster. Life can be hard sometimes and things don't always worked out like planned but it takes more courage to live your life. Giving up is not the answer. And you still want help that's why you are here.

I'm sorry you feel like people around you don't care anymore. Maybe it's time to surround yourself with other people? Are you on meds? In therapy?

hollyann

fallen

Postby fallen » Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 pm

i care whether you exist or not.
life is hard i would agree, but it is only when we go through the hard times do we realise that life is beautiful and therefore worth living.
take care.

Addic7ed

Re: life sucks so why stay

Postby Addic7ed » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 am

surfcaster wrote:not sure where to put this post so please move it is needed.
im at the point where i don't feel the need to be here any longer, i've tried, i've tried so so hard to make something work, but my ming just doesn't want to, people close to me don/t seem to care anymore,

I feel you surfcaster. I know what it feels like 'cause that's the way I feel everyday. Everyday I feel like, why the heck am I still here? Why not end this right now? But then I realize that I would create so much pain to my close ones, because I believe they don't even know what I'm going through, and I don't want that. So, that's why I'm still here. Don't know how much longer I'll resist but I like to feel that maybe it's because there's something good waiting for me but maybe it's not the time yet. So, I live through the day.

LadySith

Postby LadySith » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:05 am

I always ask myself why am I here also..I ask myself everyday because I have caused pain to someone that I care alot about and the thing is I never mean't to, I know giving up is not the answer but I ask myself why bother being here if all i'm going to do is hurt people :( I am no good to anyone really

nenkohai

Postby nenkohai » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Coming from my own experiences ...

truly, there comes a time when you realize that, no, you can't give up; and the shit keeps coming. All's you know is that SOMETHING has got to change, right?

Playing the loop-tape of past events gets you hating yourself (all over again, right?). And you wonder if you'll ever get ANYTHING right...

I know this drill so very very well.

But, I knew... SOMETHING has got to f-ing change!

I started (and still practice) giving myself the permission or even, "mercy," to lay-aside those events that I loop on. Because, I know where looping gets me and what it does to me. Nothing good, I can tell ya.

And, fudge! You don't deserve it! Somehow, you feel the need to "pay" on something, don't you? You got to realize, no one is getting paid anything. No one, least of all, yourself, is benefiting from you trying to "pay."

Work on that mentality. Whomever or whatever your are trying to atone to, or for, stop. Its getting you worse than no where. Its chipping away at your core/soul/heart (choose you're own term).

Its okay to lay aside the subjects of the loops. Its good to give yourself mercy. Its the starting place for some healing. You must give yourself the compassion so you can start healing.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:18 am

Dear surfcaster,
Please don't give up on yourelf. You found this site, meaning others who care right? I believe things happen for a reason--more often than not. The fact that you're reaching out shows that there's a part of you, however small, that wants to go on. Keep talking and share what it is that has you hurting so badly. People are here to listen and to share without judgment.
By, 4EverMe

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”