To let go

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

karolanne

To let go

Postby karolanne » Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 am

Hi there,

After 10-15 years of being single.... There is that guy at work, he is very cute and so nice and sweet. But he is totally out of my league. So, I have to let it go. But geez, it's so hard. Eatch time I see him, my heart beats hard.

So, I feel very depressed and suicidal because of that. It's painful for me to have to let it go. It's painful to talk to him each day and find the conversation very interesting and to know that it will never go farther.

Take care folks.

See you later.

angelheart

Postby angelheart » Tue May 14, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello Karolanne, Why do you assume it won't go any further?
Sounds to me if he is happy to chat to you every day that's an encouraging sign :D
Try not to think of suicide, often people who do don't really want to die they just want to escape feelings that they have labled as bad or wrong, there are no bad or wrong feelings sweetheart they are all useful if we allow them to be.

Love
Rebecca

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 am

Hello Rebecca,

He talks to everyone. He goes to talk to others. In my case, the difference, is if I don't go to talk to him, he doesn't come to talk to me. So, to have a chat with him, I have to make the first steps.

I know it won't go further because he really is out of my league, really.

And I know that my suicidal thoughs is just a way to cope with the pain. I don't plan to do anything wrong. No worries about that :)

Thanks.

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Thu May 16, 2013 5:23 pm

How can anyone be out of your league? If you make a pass for friendship or sex and the person shoots you down maybe he's afraid you're too much above him? When I was growing up, starting with my dating period, I always picked the #1 most beautiful girl and went for her. If she shot me down then I moved her to #2 and went after the new #1. No one was "out" of my league. I kept trying and made a fun game of it for me.

Don't sell yourself short. Relationships are really difficult from the first meeting forward. Keep plugging away. You will win in time. And with every win your selfesteem will improve.

Trust yourself.

Carlito Brigante

Postby Carlito Brigante » Thu May 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi,

You should really make a decision on whether you want to pursue this guy or not. the longer you let it linger on the worse you may feel. as for not being good enough, you should always tell yourself your good enough for anybody.

i know its not easy when you have strong feelings and you fear they may not be mutual but beauty is only skin deep, there is somebody out there for everyone.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”