People rude

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

karolanne

People rude

Postby karolanne » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:15 am

Good day,

I still live with depression and suicidals thoughs everyday. But I manage to go to work.

Since 2 days, people are rude at work. It's end of financial year, people are stressed. Some people were rude with me. :( But I'm a sensitive person, as any depression person.

sigh

CitM

Postby CitM » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:36 am

I'm sorry that they have been rude to you. It is good that you recognized that it was just them under stress and not personally aimed at you.

I'm trying to recognize the same thing when people are rude or judgemental towards me. Fortunately, I don't find that people are like that towards me in person, but occasionally I'll have someone that gets really out of line in the chat rooms here.

I have to remember that people who are having a difficult time and are mean to people here, are very ill, often need more care than they are receiving in real life and I can always hope for them that they receive it.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:18 am

Hi CitM

I understand they are under stress, but it still hurts me.

It's a good think that you can understand that some mean people have problems themselves. My ex therapist once told me that bigginning to forget about our own problems and starting to look at others is a step to recovery.

Take care.

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:02 am

This is one of my flame buttons, people telling me to be more understanding. Goodness I try but they don't. I know there is a lot of stress in the lives of all of us, but all of us means you and me both. If I should chill. which takes a lot of nergy I can't afford, they should chill as well. It was in these situations when I was working that my fellow workers felt a little of the ugliness that tears at me all the time. I will be good. I will be kind. I will try to understand. But you MUST do all this as well. I can't do it alone. I will not do it alone.

Please, give me the spae you demand.

Airstream267

Rude people suck

Postby Airstream267 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 am

Karol: i am sorry that you have to feel the frustrations of other people as they release them in your general direction. It is good but hard to be a sensitive person. I believe it can help you to reach a beautiful depth of soul.

Best of luck and hang on.
As

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”