It came back.

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

IDK

It came back.

Postby IDK » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 pm

I was doing so well, and then today it hit me really hard. i almost didnt make it.

anyone got any tips?

juice

Postby juice » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:22 pm

I'm sorry you've had such a bad day. It's awful when that happens. On a practical note, have you recently changed/reduced any meds? Has anything happened at work or at home to bring this on? Is it an anniversary of something?

I have been hit this way a few times, and only after being inpatient did I realise there was actually a pattern. I started journalling which helped me spot the signs, such as not showering every morning, not brushing my teeth, reading glossy magazines in search of an answer. Now I have a little more warning, although I still get days when it hits me like a ton of bricks. On those days I either go to bed (not good) or make sure I'm with people so I can't do anything stupid. I try to get outside for a while, as long as I'm with someone, and I avoid places where I could hurt myself.

I hope you feel better tomorrow, and tomorrow. Recovery from these dips is a challenge, but you can do it. Be kind to yourself.

IDK

Postby IDK » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

No, i did not add, or change any meds.
I did nothing abnormal.

i was just having a decent day, and then *slam*, it was all coming back.

im tired of this- i really wish i could break this.
even on a good day, i dont really find myself enjoying life.
if anything, its more of a tolerance.

juice

Postby juice » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:53 am

That's really hard to cope with. Maybe it would be worth talking about his with a therapist or Dr. I'm sorry I don't have any ideas to help you, as I can see how much this is troubling you.

All I can say is that I have been where you are now and I am getting better. It's slow, but I feel more resilient now than I ever have done. Don't give up the fight.

hope1968

Postby hope1968 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:24 am

I've been there too. Maybe the best thing to do is just ride it out. Keep moving forward, no matter how hard it seems. Talking to a therapist can also be really, really helpful. The best thing to remember is that even though it comes back, it also goes away. Live for those times. Best to you...

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”