exhausted and frustrated

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

nadiahoney

exhausted and frustrated

Postby nadiahoney » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 am

I have been living so many years in misery, honestly, why don't I just kill myself???? I am so sick of it. I am sick of myself, of everyone and everything. Worst of all I don't have any energy to change it. Every part of me hurts, and it makes me wonder how I can ever get energy to do anything to change my situation? Don't tell me to take my antidep. meds because i do, that's not the problem. Really it feels hopeless. Can anyone relate> I am SICK of hating my body, my hair, what I see in the mirror, what I am. How can anyone not b e depressed about who they are when they alrteady despise what they are? It's hopelews

JulesK

Postby JulesK » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 am

I hope you're still here. I actually can relate because my inner critic is VERY vocal and will even wake me up at night to tell me how awful I am. There are some days when I can't look in the mirror because I don't want a lengthy exposition on the way I look. I'll stay in because it will convince me that anyone who looks at me is thinking "Yuck." What I learned in therapy was to challenge my inner critic the same way I would challenge a flesh and blood bully. Or if that's too much effort, just say "So what?" "Fine, I'm hideous. So what?"

I honestly don't know if anti-depressants work on an inner critic because it would have to shut down your thought processes completely.

Please check in and let us know how you're doing.

Dejaye

Postby Dejaye » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I can totally relate to where you are coming from. I'm almost non-functioning at this point in my life. Each day that goes by is the same as the last. It takes everything in me just to get out of bed in the morning, and I have zero energy. I am in the house all of the time...I just don't have the energy to want to go anywhere. I really don't want my life to be like this anymore.

nadiahoney

exhausted and frustrated

Postby nadiahoney » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 am

Hey -- well thanks. It's kind of why I go on these -- I hate that I feel so alone and desperate, and then others are here that have similar things. Today was better, since I went and borrowed my friend's dog....although I didn't get out of bed until three p.m. So now I have to take sleeping pills because I know I have to get up to drive the dog all the way back, but hey....beats yesterday. How about you guys? Thanks so much for being there. Last night sucked, as do most nights.

stinkyface

Feel better love.

Postby stinkyface » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:45 am

Have you ever had a time that was better? OR different in a good way? What was different about that than now?

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”