How do I deal with all these emotions?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Sophie_unhappy

How do I deal with all these emotions?

Postby Sophie_unhappy » Thu May 24, 2012 12:21 am

I feel angry, sad, disappointed, frustated, guilty - all at the same time. It's like I've lost complete control. All i want to do is yell at people and break stuff or just cry. I feel like a simmering pressure cooker. Just a gentle disturbance is ready to trigger an emotional meltdown. I want to destroy myself. I don't know how to deal with this. I have tried to talk about it. I've tried to read about it. I've tried to engage myself in activities. But everything is so monotonous. I feel lonelier by the minute. The people in my life have no time for me. If they do, they say that its something that I have to do on my own. If I could deal with this alone, would I have asked them for advice and support? Sometimes I feel I am just be irrational. What should I do? Even taking one day at a time is a pain.

bassoonchick91

Postby bassoonchick91 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:11 pm

For people with depression it is normal for them to feel like you do. Yes, taking one day at a time is a huge pain but to be honest, its the only way to get through it. It is going to take some time to work through your thoughts and emotions and maybe even past experiences that have effected you and caused your depression. Give yourself a break! Don't push yourself too hard because if you do you will have to eventually start over. I suggest (if you can afford it) to see a therapist or a counselor and possibly a psychiatrist. They have specific training to help people like us. I see a counselor and a psychiatrist and they are awesome! I actually found a counselor in my area that is liscensed and has all of the certifications but he does not charge to get counseling. You should research some different people. As much as you want your family to help, they are not trained to deal with this. See someone who is. Also, try to get your family to research and learn more about your illness. Then they might be more help. :)

Jemma

Postby Jemma » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:11 pm

Sophie reading that is like reading the thoughts and feelings i have . :( That is exactly how i think and feel ... I want to talk to someone but no one has time for me . Everything gets made out my fault .i want to scream and make them understand but the truth is i dont think they ever will untill they experince this themselves . Maybe you should speak to someone who is trainned in this kind of thing ...x

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”