i feel like a zombie...

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

kellyrebecca

i feel like a zombie...

Postby kellyrebecca » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:03 pm

i feel like a nothin, like im dead on the inside. sumtimes sumthin lil will make me laugh n distract me from how i feel but then wht i feel gets a lil more worse becaue im frustrated i cant make myself better.
How do i get over heartbreak? thats all i want to now. People say time, but its been two years now and nothin has got better.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:48 am

What have you been doing during that time to address your heartbreak?

You can make yourself better, I believe.

Time works only when you have been actively working at what you want to defeat.

You can do it!

kellyrebecca

Postby kellyrebecca » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:28 pm

i dont no how get rid of it, ive tried therapy, i continue to change myself as if im going to get noticed by him. I feel i live for him each day in hope it will go bk to how it was and i will b happy again.

kate

Postby kate » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi :)
The most important thing is to get back to loving you, if you love yourself others will love you too. I dont know where your based but I found help from MIND, thru counselling. To begin with it did my head in an I thought it as a waste of time but sticking with it really made a difference.
I wish you all the best, be strong and take control of your life in small steps you feel comfortable with

K x

wvmothman

Postby wvmothman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:54 pm

To be honest, it sounds like a spell of depersonalization. That happens to me every once in a while, when I'm really stressed or extremely depressed. You just feel like nothing on the inside, and life plays like a movie. Sometimes, when I shower, it feels like another hand is washing me. Perhaps I'm wrong in what I got from descriptoin, but thats what it sounds like to me. It usually passes after a while.

Light

Postby Light » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:22 pm

If you would be willing to share more about your situation it would offer a lot of useful insight on the situation.

Also Kate is right in saying that you have to get back to loving yourself first. If you can't love yourself it makes loving others incredibly difficult.

Ahorse

Postby Ahorse » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:08 am

Hello,

2 years is a very long time to be feeling bad about a breakup. You need help to deal with it and I would suggest therapy as you best start. Essentially you need to learn how to let go and move on.

Not as easy as it sounds I know but life throws these things at us and we must survive them as they will likely happen again, particularly if we don't recover from the last time it happened.

Others here are right in saying you must learn to live for you and not someone you used to be with.

If you are still around him then that must change as continually seeing him or talking to him or going where you used to go will simply keep the bonds in place.

Break contact, move if you have to. Change phone numbers, email addresses, delete all info about him, don't go where you used to, find new places and people to hang out with.

I went through a bad one too and 2 years is about how long it took me to be able to say "I'm over it". I was married and lost my children, home, all my possessions and memories as wellas her, my supposed best friend and wife. Any time I saw her, which I did due to exchanging the kids, I went to pieces. So I left that city and started afresh. These days I hate her with a passion due to how she did things to me and the kids so even today I can't go back there due to how I feel. I have a relationship of 19 years now and a new child, now 17, still see my others and things are fine.

But she is poison to me as he will be to you if you stay around. He won't change his mind, it's too far down the track now.

Please, get help and cut those ties.

BrokenPen

Postby BrokenPen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:36 am

Ahorse wrote:Hello,

2 years is a very long time to be feeling bad about a breakup. You need help to deal with it and I would suggest therapy as you best start. Essentially you need to learn how to let go and move on.

Not as easy as it sounds I know but life throws these things at us and we must survive them as they will likely happen again, particularly if we don't recover from the last time it happened.

Others here are right in saying you must learn to live for you and not someone you used to be with.

If you are still around him then that must change as continually seeing him or talking to him or going where you used to go will simply keep the bonds in place.

Break contact, move if you have to. Change phone numbers, email addresses, delete all info about him, don't go where you used to, find new places and people to hang out with.

I went through a bad one too and 2 years is about how long it took me to be able to say "I'm over it". I was married and lost my children, home, all my possessions and memories as wellas her, my supposed best friend and wife. Any time I saw her, which I did due to exchanging the kids, I went to pieces. So I left that city and started afresh. These days I hate her with a passion due to how she did things to me and the kids so even today I can't go back there due to how I feel. I have a relationship of 19 years now and a new child, now 17, still see my others and things are fine.

But she is poison to me as he will be to you if you stay around. He won't change his mind, it's too far down the track now.

Please, get help and cut those ties.

Sounds rough man, how'd you get through that.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”