Stacie

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, cj-, Moderators

stacie

Stacie

Postby stacie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Everyone! I am 40. At 19 I experienced my first severe episode of depression with OCD. I got better not really knowing what I had gone through or was I was continuing to suffer from at a much milder level. 10 years later, I suffered sever PPD/OCD with my second child. With the horrible frightening thoughts and depression (and with the advancement of the internet) I was able to figure out what I had been suffering from all of those years and why they became so horrifically worse after child #2. Since then, on and off, I have had some bad times but I have a great doctor and so those times thankfully have been small. I recently have been struggling with anxiety and mostly at night so I haven't been sleeping at all. Started Seroquel last night and now i am angry and depressed and tired. I know what it means to feel better so i am holding on to that for now. Trying to give the meds time to work. :cry:

Jeanne

Postby Jeanne » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Stacie, Welcome to the forums. Good to see that you are well informed. Hope the meds kick in soon for you. Peace. Jeanne

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi. It can help with the anxiety if you put an ice cube in your hand. Squeeze it as tight as you can. Concentrate on how it feels; the shapes it takes as it melts. It really helps to get thru an attack. I'm glad you have such a wonderful doctor helping you. I look forward to hearing more from you.

keluca

Postby keluca » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 am

Hi Stacy

Welcome to the forums
Hope your meds kick in soon and I am really glad you are holding on to the knowledge that you CAN get better.

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:02 am

((((( keluca, jeanne, stacie ))))) such nice people always here with a smile and warm heart.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:43 pm

((((((((((( Obayan ))))))))

And you are one of those people!
“If we admit our depression openly and freely, those around us get from it an experience of freedom rather than the depression itself.”
--- Dr. Rollo May
Sunshine, smiles and love.

Depression Forums | Depression Chat Rooms | Depression Blogs

http://www.depression-understood.org/

Return to “Profiles”