Hi, It's been a year since I've been here

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Kyle

Hi, It's been a year since I've been here

Postby Kyle » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:44 am

Hi everyone my name is Kyle. My life has been to say the least "rough".
Three years ago I was admitted to a local hospital because my depression symptoms were so bad. I've been struggling with this since elementary school to today. I never had much self-esteem, and I always thought others were just better than me.
Like I was inadequate compared to everyone else. It always feels like anybody else "except" me is rightly equipped to face this world head on.

For a year now I've been looking for a job, in the process having nowhere to go; nowhere that shields me from my own jummbled and confusing thoughts. Just being home letting everything just fester in my mind.

I also many times thought that I have lost my touch with reality, like thinking that I am unable to talk anymore with people, and because of this my anxeities go crazy. It sometimes gets so bad that the only time I'm actually happy is when I'm asleep and unable to think.

Lot of things have gone wrong: dropping out of High School because of excessive bullying and feeling like theres no safe ground anymore.
But I try to look past those things towards a possible better future for myself; that this struggle is not in vain.
Well, thank you all for listening, thanks!

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:31 am

I am sorry things have been so hard for you. I know how painful it is. I am here and listening whenever you feel like you have things to say. There are many of us here who will support you. Please don't give up hope. Please keep fighting.

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:38 am

I know how it feels to find sleep as your only escape...I am sorry you have had it so rough. In the U.S., you can get a G.E.D. high school graduation equivalency...The economy is so tough right now, I am sorry you are having a hard time finding a job. A lot of people are in the same boat...is there a support group for people looking for work in your area? Any social services to help you? I hope you are able to see a doctor and/or therapist. Meanwhile, a lot of here are listening and will support you on this journey. Welcome back to the forum.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:04 am

(((((((((((((((((((( Kyle ))))))))))))))))))

WB, been awhile. Glad you are here posting, releasing. As always the support if here for you.

Warmie/Jeanie

Kyle

Postby Kyle » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 am

Thanks everyone for your support, its really made me feel more positive.
And shatteredhopes; its like you read my situation! I am in the process of getting my GED, my test date is Dec. 16th.
I am a little nervous because the test covers a lot of material, and is 5 and a half hours long. My main struggle is math.
But I'm going to stay positive.

And by the way, thanks Warmsoul/Jeanie13. your all so kind; Mich as well! As for my week, I have been very positive in my thoughts and actions. Not as timid or scared as I usually am. Its a nice change.

Well, thank you all!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:35 am

((((((((((((((((( Kyle )))))))))))))))))

Goof for you, keep it up!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are busy and all for the good. So nice to hear. Staying positive is always good and I won't even comment on math. LOL

Take care

Warmie

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am

Kyle,

Glad to read that things are going better for you.

I have two children, one excelled and the other dropped out.

It ended up that my son did the same as you. Went for his GED and got it. He was never meant for sitting at a desk at school, very intelligent but just didn't fit in the mainstream (like his mother ever has)

He did go to Truck Driving School and passed that easily.

I am equally proud of both of them.

In case I don't post to you before you take your exam on the 16th I will be thinking of you. Let us know how you think the test went.

Return to “Profiles”