is this about me /im not sure but here goes

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

xn728

is this about me /im not sure but here goes

Postby xn728 » Thu May 07, 2009 3:32 pm

at seventeen i was
Last edited by xn728 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:06 am

[size=18]Hi xn -

What are polecats?

I have a feeling you don't hate yourself. I think you just hate all the hell your depression, your visitor, has put you through. You seem to me, to be completely separate from him, though he is a real and very energetic thing for you. But you are separate. And I see you as the one in control.

Your visitor is all puffery. Bring to his attention the fact that you are very happily married, for 30 years even, and that you have 2 daughters, and that you have so much compassion that you work at a place that helps animals that are hurt. (I know I could never do that, the first injured pup that came in would have me hunting down the person that hurt it and skinning him alive.) (Taking some time doing it, too.)

There is a new antidepressant out. It worked wonders for my husband. I nearly lost him recently when his pain and anxiety over his cancer became overwhelming for him. He was so depressed that he didn't even argue with me when I told him to try it. It's called Cymbalta. Of all the SSRIs that I've taken, and some of the tricyclics, my husband says it does the best. It must be good; I'm still alive, and I am dealing with his cancer, even though I fall into frequent pits of despair and don't think I'm handling it very well. You see, I've also had fear, dread, depression and terrible anxiety since I was little too. I was even hospitalized in fourth grade because of ulcers. I'm still a nervous wreck, but at least I know what it is and how to handle it.

Now, onto the next catagory to reply to more of what you've written.

Your visitor can go to blazes. I like talking to you,

Aurelia.

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon May 11, 2009 6:13 pm

I also suffer from PTSD and a clinical depression.

Means that we have to stay on a lot of those meds doesn't it?

In spite of taking a large regime of meds, I still have had periods of very deep depression. So far, I have managed to keep my head about water. Sometimes it seems like I keep getting the odd mouthful, of seawater, though.

I wish that you could be a little easier on yourself, mind you if I counted the number of times that I have gotten that advice (and not often heeded it) I am sure that it would be up in the triple digits.

From what I have read of your posts, you are a kind and decent person, who deserves good things to be happening to you.

Maybe both of us could learn to be a little nicer to ourselves, and cut ourselves some slack every so often.

I enjoy reading your postings to the forum. Keep it up.

xn728

thank you my friends for your replys

Postby xn728 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm

hi there aurelia5 and monty
Last edited by xn728 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:13 pm

xn -

DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT NOT STAYING WITH US! We really care about you and I know this forum is good for you.

Keep writing. No arguments.

A

xn728

i didnt say i was going anywere

Postby xn728 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:28 pm

sorry ,amy i didnt mean
Last edited by xn728 on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed May 13, 2009 5:05 pm

Looking forward to you explaining more of your life to us.

For me to be able to sit down at the keyboard, and just let things all out is very theraputic.

Sounds like that approach is working for you too.

aim

Postby aim » Thu May 14, 2009 9:08 am

Hello friends! Glad you are back from that pit of despair, Ken. Nice to see you again! Always remember that we are here for you, ok?

All three of you post such interesting, well-thought-out, creative and intelligent things... don't one of you stop posting - please!

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:54 pm

Oh Aaaaammmyyyyyyyyyy
Where are youuuuuuuuuuu
I miss yyoouuuuuuuuuuuu

I figured out how to find pix - Ken said he and his ferrets were there and I found them. And just now, I saw BEEEUUUTIFUL Dakota!! Those huskies are just so stunning. I always thought if I lived somewhere where he could run free, I'd get either a Siberian husky, or a Malamute, or a Samoyed. There was a period of about 5 years that I thought I'd die if I didn't get a Samoyed, but my friend had one, they didn't brush it often and it was not that smart of a dog, and was a huge mess. I got over it and stuck with cats. But Dakota is gorgeous!

Your buddy,

a5

aim

Postby aim » Thu May 28, 2009 6:48 pm

(((((a5))))) That was sooooo sweet!!! Thank you!!!!

Yes, my Dakota is a beauty... but be glad you opted for the cat! I might have done if I realized how much gosh darn work a dog really is! Also... I feel bad for her being alone with no company all day long. I would get a cat but she would kill it, and I would get another dog, but that would kill me, I think. :-)

Are you going to post your cat?

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Amy

How exactly do you post a photo? I'm very behind on such techniques.

If you got a kitten, and were very carefull at first, holding the dog's collar and telling the dog that the kitten is a good thing, hold it to you and let Dakota sniff it, you could train the dog to protect the kitten. You have to make sure the first few days that the dog can't reach the kitten unless you mean him to, and even then have your hand on the collar. But it's really not that hard, it's just very time consuming and if you are gone 40 hours a week, it just won't work.

Glad you're back. I missed you.

a5

aim

Postby aim » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:02 pm

(((((a5))))) I'm sooooo sorry I've been gone for so long! This job is just... exhausting me to no end. :-(

Anyway... great idea about Dakota and the cats, but you are right. Don't know if I would even have the time. But thank you!!!

To post a photo, go to the photo gallery and register. Then... post a photo! Let me know how it goes!!!

stardust158

Postby stardust158 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Hi, xn. Ah, polecats! I call them ferrets! Lovely, intelligent animals! In the weasel family! I have had a couple. So sweet...so smart! My ex now has a little darling. I buy him strawberries and blueberries for treats! I have 3 lovely cats right now. They keep me going. Bless the animals! I hope you are well...I am new to this...just wanted to say hi! :D

aim

Postby aim » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey stardust!! Welcome to the forums! :-) I agree that animals are the best... God knows I love my Dakota! What are your cats names? How long have you had them?

stardust158

Postby stardust158 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi! I would tell you their names, but I was being stalked online by an ex-bf not so long ago. I will tell you that they are all adult rescues....a Siamese male, a ginger tabby male (the boss), and a darling older female Himalayan. If it wasn't for the need of feeding them, cleaning the box, and playtime...I don't think I would get out of bed.

What kind of animal is your Dakota? Love that name! :D

Return to “Profiles”