The mind of Outdated

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

outdated

The mind of Outdated

Postby outdated » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:49 am

My name is Shawn and I'm about to turn 21 in August. I live in the USA, specifically Maryland. I've been diagnosed with depression, MDD, BPD, nearly everything under the sun, since I was 16 years old. I've been to two mental hospitals, many doctors and I've been on many meds...but yet, nothing seems to work. The only positive thing I can say is that the medications I'm on now help me with my horrid anxiety, therefore making it easier for me to work on my depression in healthier ways then what I have done previously. I use to use self-harm, drugs, alcohol, merely anything I could get my hands on--in order to mask my issues. Yet they always come back, so I'm now stuck here, luckily off drugs, rarely doing self-harm or drinking...just trying to better myself as a person. If anyone wants to pm me and talk about our issues you can; I don't talk in mainchat often because I'm afraid no one will reply or they'll simply bash my comment entirely.

Cougar2008

Postby Cougar2008 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Greetings! I am new here, and your post hit home. I have never joined anything like this for the same reasons! The whole 'zero' comment thing is a real downer.. I am just learning the ropes here, but wanted to send a greeting!

outdated

Postby outdated » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:14 am

Thanks for saying hello, glad you did! Sorry to hear it hit home with you, but I'm glad you are trying to get better just as I am :)

CrazyKiss

Postby CrazyKiss » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 am

Hi there, Im glad to hear that ur off drugs and dont really drink much anymore and thats a big acheivement so well done.

Its good that u have bettered urself and realised u can get through it with getting support and taking medication to make urself feel better and its worked. When u said ur better then u was then something must be working.

I see that u have always tackle depression when it comes along so u know the signs already when u know ur depressed. Alot of the doctors say that if u ever feel like ur getting depressed again then seem medical help and thats what u seem to be doing.

You shouldnt have to feel anxious about opening up to anyone on here by using the chat room. I know its scary but people wont judge. I see why u want to PM but u dont have to. Were here to help.

Keep reaching out.

Return to “Profiles”