A bit about me

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Emj

A bit about me

Postby Emj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm a 53 y.o.woman who, within the last year got divorced, lost house on a short sale, helped a son trying to get clean, another son became a Marine and was sent to Japan, met someone with whom I currently live and who now wants me to change.... ugh

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi Emj. Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a lot of changes. Are the things he's wanting you to change, things you are willing to change, or need to change? You need to b true to yourself.

hollyann

Emj

Postby Emj » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi Holly. I think the changes he wants are things I should change. I can come across a little harsh when I ask questions or make suggestions. Though I have toned it down, to the point where I think about what I need to say and mull it over so as to come across too harshly. I'm a very 'matter -of-fact' person who just says what's on my mind but to not belittle. I told him I thought he was too sensitive, he left his wife who apparently was verbally abusive. He's a very kind, gentle, and generous man who I think has had enough with sharp women. He said he would try to work on not feeling judged, and to not react so defensively.

Return to “Profiles”