Just joined today

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Type A and stressed

Just joined today

Postby Type A and stressed » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 am

I decided to join this forum today because I am sick of being sick. I have been dealing with depression for the last two years, and it's been a series of ups and downs. In my last couple years of undergrad, I have had to cope with stress from classes and work, and the combinations sometimes leads to falling back into a depressed state. I sick and tired of being tired all the time, fatigued and emotional. I know I'm battling against an illness, but it doesn't feel like a real illness; I feel like using my depression as a reason for missing class or missing work is not a legitimate "excuse". I just want to be better and not feel like I"m going to breakdown at any time.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am

Hi welcome to the forum. I am sorry you are struggling so much. Please feel free to use here and the chat room along with this site. Its understandable to be tired of being sick and tired. Do you have any skills to help you cope with the stress better? Maybe plan something for a little while each day, or if thats not possible, each week with the sole purpose of relaxing. You are not using your depression as an excuse. But i know its easy to feel that way. but what you have is a real illness and it can and does get better. wishing you the best of luck

hollyann

Return to “Profiles”