Hopelessness

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Adri

Hopelessness

Postby Adri » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Why is it that Depression still gets you in the most unusual and surprising way. Just when you think that it can't surprise you any more or get you off guard, it sneaks up on you and send you in this absolute feeling of hopelessness. It feels as if after so many years we have to get use to what depression feels like and what it does but again it comes a long and takes over.

dd-va

Postby dd-va » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Adri, I can completely understand what you are saying....so often I find myself getting by when all of a sudden I'm knocked down by the depression all over again. I try to take the good days/moments as they come...and not dwell on the fact that they are only temporary. This sometimes makes me able to enjoy these good times however long or short they may be. Take care and keep posting!

balcony

Postby balcony » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Adri, that must be so hard, I am sorry. Glad you are here and I hope this place offers some comfort and a chance to express your feelings. May you continue to find hope, and feel better soon.

Cougar2008

Postby Cougar2008 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 pm

Greetings, Adri! I am with you on the idea that depression can just blindside you! Free falling does not describe it enough.

Return to “Profiles”