Why would my best friend (with depression) suddenly dump me?

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

browneyedgirl

Postby browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Crazylady17, I am curious as to why your friends would turn their backs on you? I went through that before, and remember the pain vividly. I am so sorry that is happening to you. As a painful as it is to have my dearest friend turn away from me, I am comforted by the love of others in my life, however, sometimes, on a bad day, it can seem like there is nobody. How are you today?

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:34 pm

If you read my journal it'll explain all...
Hmm.
My family and friends have turned their backs from me :(

I am feeling very bad today, but thank you for asking.
How are you?

TonyK

Postby TonyK » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:32 pm

Ieris wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:I guess I just don't want him to feel abandoned.

You don't want him to feel abandoned yet it is OK for him to abandon you? What kind of friend does that? He is obviously busy partying with his other friends so no need to worry about him and focus on yourself.

Find some new friends, that's what I did when one of my friends cut me out his life for no reason. 3 years later he decided to drop by my house in the middle of the night and wanted to chat. It had been 3 years since we've been in touch but I still cared about him. We drove around and spoke for hours and at the end I asked if we will keep in touch, he said no then drove off. What a fool was I to care all these years but after that incident I really don't give a damn anymore.

That really helped me grow up and stop being so naive, I was always nice to people but didn't get the same back. I'm only nice to people who deserve it now, be selective! Cheer up and move on *hugs*

I agree

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”