Drama Queens

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

Drama Queens

Postby CitM » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 pm

Pot stirrers, or whatever you want to call them, people who use distancing like a weapon. Not only are these people not helping themselves, they will find themselves dancing alone.

Anyone have any advice in weathering through people like this? Especially if you're trying to have healthy relationships as part of recovery?

Sincerely,
CitM

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 am

There will always be people we run into that we "like" or "dislike", "approve" of or "dissaprove" of.... There are as many different types of relationships as there are situations. There are many websites and books etc out there to help with the different types of relationships we encouter in our lives as well as social encourters.

CitM

Postby CitM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 am

There has to be more to advice than "read a book."

I've read many books, library shelves full and I'm still reading. There are over 10,000 self help books out there on any given day.

I read your response as a brush off of sorts. Maybe unintentional, but there.

I had a partner who tended to have schizo typal type functioning. She went to all this trouble of friending on facebook, only to suddenly decide to deactivate her account. I wouldn't be as worried, except for the fact that she is the mother of small children. I have a mother who is OCD and when she's not that, I can't decide if she's just evil or that unthinking or not toward one of her daughters she supposedly loves. I personally believe that the last thing you should talk to a person who has PTSD, depression and anxiety about is who is dying, and who has just died. But maybe that's just me. I look at many people's interactions in the press and wonder what's gotten into them, and is it my fault or not, but I have a feeling it's not.

I and many people are searching their way through this difficult patch in their lives. "Reading a book" is helpful. Giving some suggestions on cogent authors would suggest you sincerely mean the help.

CitM

I have always liked the name Zim as he could distinctly tell you what was in the world around you, and help you survive with awe and the love for learning. If I ever had another child, I'd name them Zim

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 pm

CitM,

I am sorry, you ask for someone's advice, Obayan gave you a very sound one, she gave you what she thought might help. There is no need to be rude in your reply to her. Respect is the number one rule, please go by that.

Warmsoul - Moderator

CitM

Postby CitM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 pm

I was not rude. I was asking for clarification. The lack of clarification leaves me no better off than I was before. Thus, I wonder why the vague response.

I will take it as her best effort.

Sincerely,
CitM

CitM

Postby CitM » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:00 pm

I have also decided that depressed or not, what's going on in my mom's life is just an unfortunate coincidence and I should listen and pray for the people who are departing.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Thank you CitM

Warmsoul - Moderator

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Citm, I also have ptsd and depression with suicidal tendencies. So I do know what pain is like and how difficult it can be. Unfortunately when dealing with relationships, doing as much research as we can to learn is about all I know to say. Relationships take a lot of work to maintain. Even the good ones. And information is about the only thing we can arm ourselves with that I know of. I wasn't brushing you off. I just don't know of any other way to find answers other than researching it and talking to as many people as you can that might know.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”