Lonely in Mississippi

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

DeeBear

Lonely in Mississippi

Postby DeeBear » Sat May 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a life long sufferer of depression and anxiety, and I have been diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder and fibromyalgia. I am a 50 year old man and I live in a small town in northeast Mississippi, USA. I rarely go out due to anxiety and I'm trying new meds but they don't seem to be helping. I've always been a loner and have consequently ended up alone. The older I get, the lonelier I feel. I hope this forum will allow me to connect to people who understand what I'm dealing with. I did belong to another depression forum but it has been down for several days so I thought I'd try this one. Thanks for reading.

NeverEndingStory

Re: Lonely in Mississippi

Postby NeverEndingStory » Wed May 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Hey DeeBear, I used to be part of depressionforums.org but it does not seem to be running anymore. I am 50 male as well and have been dealing with Anxiety and depression since 1998. Welcome here, I hope you meet some good people here. This is my first day here. Have a great day.

Lori678

Postby Lori678 » Wed May 24, 2023 1:40 am

I was on depression forums.org too, and don't know what's happened to it. It used to be a busy place; you could go there, post, and know that at least in a day or two, you'd have a couple of responses. I'm hoping this new place fills the void.

You're definitely not alone. I think I've had anxiety since I was tiny. Depression hit in my early 20s. I'm now 56, and also dealing with chronic pain and a depressing career.

I believe we're like passengers on a ship. We're all in this together, and here to help each other along the journey until we get wherever it is we're headed to.

DeeBear

Postby DeeBear » Wed May 24, 2023 11:51 am

NeverEndingStory wrote:Hey DeeBear, I used to be part of depressionforums.org but it does not seem to be running anymore. I am 50 male as well and have been dealing with Anxiety and depression since 1998. Welcome here, I hope you meet some good people here. This is my first day here. Have a great day.

Yeah, I was on df too. I hope you meet some good people here too!

DeeBear

Postby DeeBear » Wed May 24, 2023 11:54 am

Lori678 wrote:I was on depression forums.org too, and don't know what's happened to it. It used to be a busy place; you could go there, post, and know that at least in a day or two, you'd have a couple of responses. I'm hoping this new place fills the void.

You're definitely not alone. I think I've had anxiety since I was tiny. Depression hit in my early 20s. I'm now 56, and also dealing with chronic pain and a depressing career.

I believe we're like passengers on a ship. We're all in this together, and here to help each other along the journey until we get wherever it is we're headed to.

I've been depressed my whole life, finally diagnosed at 28. I also deal with pain, and I know how that can affect your mental health. Thanks for your kind words!

kalyl

Postby kalyl » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:54 pm

It takes immense courage to acknowledge and share your struggles, and I want to commend you for reaching out to this forum. You're absolutely right; buckshot roulette connecting with others who understand what you're going through can be incredibly valuable. It can provide invaluable support, empathy, and even hope.

farare

Postby farare » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:43 pm

kalyl wrote:It takes immense courage to acknowledge and share your struggles, and I want to commend you for reaching out to this forum. You're absolutely right; Geometry Dash connecting with others who understand what you're going through can be incredibly valuable. It can provide invaluable support, empathy, and even hope.

In the heart of Mississippi, where the gentle whispers of the Magnolia trees blend with the soft murmurs of the Mississippi River, there lies a profound sense of solitude that can sometimes envelop the soul. It is a solitude that is both comforting and isolating, where one can feel simultaneously connected to the land yet detached from the bustling world beyond.

Return to “New Member Introductions”