Spouse of the Mentally ill

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Xyphera

Spouse of the Mentally ill

Postby Xyphera » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been trapped inside the house since the beginning of the pandemic. I haven't been out of the house for fun since 11/31/2019. This isnt by my choice. First of course was the pandemic. Even after the world began to open up, vaccine and all, I still can not leave the house. I'm the wife of a man with agoraphobia, panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD. I have panic attacks, depression and PTSD. I'm older than my husband and he wasn't ill when we met or married. He got more ill over the last 4 years. I'm the only person he trusts if he has an anxiety moment which has put pressure on me that is undiscribleable. I'm at a breaking point. Prior to this was I was a traveling DJ and constantly busy. We have a 5 year old which ads to the stress since my husband says he doesn't want to be home alone with our son.

No one can help me but I want people to know that you're not alone. Just because the answers to my problems aren't available yet, doesn't mean I'm going to give up. I will cry, scream, panic, get angry and frustrated and probably every other emotion but not give up.

Maria Elizabeth

Re: Spouse of the Mentally ill

Postby Maria Elizabeth » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm

Hi Spouse!
Thank you for posting.. I am sorry to read this as I believe there is always help.
Being the mentally ill one in our relationship, I feel guilty toward my partner having to deal with my issues. I often feel like unburdening him of me. I am almost 100% sure your husband feels guilty and the guilt compounds like interest.
I am new here too and am an indoorsman myself. I have found a beautiful escape in gaming.
Here if you ever want to chat

alicebobby

Re: Spouse of the Mentally ill

Postby alicebobby » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:53 pm

Hello, Spouse!
I'm grateful that you posted. I'm sorry to hear this because I think assistance is always available.
Since I am the mentally sick person in our relationship, I feel bad that my spouse has to handle my problems. I want to relieve him of me all the time. Your husband probably feels terrible, and that guilt exacerbates like interest.
Like you, I'm new here and like to be indoors. Gaming has been a lovely way for me to escape.
If you ever want to talk, I'm here.  retro bowl college 

Return to “New Member Introductions”