I am new here and looking solutions to chronic depression

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Iseasy

I am new here and looking solutions to chronic depression

Postby Iseasy » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:53 am

What's one thing that you have tried that has helped you with Chronic Depression even a little?

JulianB

Re: I am new here and looking solutions to chronic depression

Postby JulianB » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:14 pm

I am sorry if I sound abrupt but your question gives the impression that you are not only new to this group but you are also new to depression or you are looking for a survey.

Maybe you should start by introducing yourself and your depression 1st and then say what is the one thing that has helped with your depression.

mushroom

Postby mushroom » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:22 am

I’m fighting this battle, as well. Music helps. Audio books help, as well..have you found anything that helps ?

MSgt5J071

Postby MSgt5J071 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:29 pm

Have you looked in your local area for a support group? I find talking to others who understand what I'm going through helps.

jledbetter270

Postby jledbetter270 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Chronic depression will kill if not treated. I have suffered all my life. Pills take the edge off. I take walks and it helps but I am on disability so cannot walk to much. I am struggling real bad. I have a counselor but it seems so hard to get thru to her what I feel. I suffer chronic depression and anxiety along with what is called cherophobia. a fear of happiness. I live in a small retirement town so no support groups. I am here reaching out and sometimes i wonder why as I am so tired. I eat a sandwich or 2 a day to keep upright but havent showered in over a month. I also suffer alcoholism but 6 years sober. I dont think about drinking and believe me now is a good time but it just dosent help so I dont. I on top of housing issues I lost my daughter in june. I feel like giving up as people just dismiss my problems or give me bumper sticker answers. I have not found a solution.

Return to “New Member Introductions”