New introduction

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Stuckin83

New introduction

Postby Stuckin83 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:22 pm

I am new. I have been having trouble with depression for over 50 years now. It comes on in a wave. I usually realize that after a night or two of sleep will relieve it. However, I am beginning to have them more frequently. Lots of regrets from past. Then, sometimes, I find pleasure in the dark tunnel and I feel more creative and expressive. I do realize, though, that I cannot keep putting my family through this.

AZ88

Re: New introduction

Postby AZ88 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi, new as well. I can relate very much to how you feel. I feel I have hurt so many relationships due to my behaviors and depression. I cant handle thinking about the what ifs and regrets because I know horribly depressed i will become.

Have you tried any meds for your depression? I have not, but i am at a desperate point in my life and i just dont want to live like this anymore.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:13 pm

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be.The people are nice and you can vent anytime.

xpellegrino12

Postby xpellegrino12 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:30 am

Hi, I’m sorry you’ve felt and feel this way, it’s never something someone wants or actively seeks to get. It’s not your fault. I understand how it can get addictive (I find it gives me more substance, more meaning, it makes me feel like I have a get out of jail free card I.e. you don’t have to do it because you don’t even want to live right now) but having it in the first place isn’t your choice. And that’s part of the problem with it, you get comfortable but it’s not healthy, you can be creative and expressive with a healthy mental state. I hope you’re getting the help you deserve because you and your family deserve a happy, healthy you. From one stranger to another, don’t accept the pain and regret <3

AZ88 wrote:Hi, new as well. I can relate very much to how you feel. I feel I have hurt so many relationships due to my behaviors and depression. I cant handle thinking about the what ifs and regrets because I know horribly depressed i will become.

Have you tried any meds for your depression? I have not, but i am at a desperate point in my life and i just dont want to live like this anymore.

Hey, you definitely should talk to a doctor and get medication if that’s what they say. But you should also try with or without medication: exercising, journaling, counselling and eating foods that’ll increase your serotonin levels because medication has detrimental side effects and doesn’t fix the long term problem. You shouldn’t have to live like this anymore. I hope you find your dark cloud lifts, getting help is a major step, keep wanting to get better and don’t sink further into the rabbit hole, from one stranger to another wishing you all the best <3

Return to “New Member Introductions”