*waves*

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Sunlily92, Astrid

Blue

*waves*

Postby Blue » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Um...

I'd like to say something terribly witty and original here but words fail me right now. I'm from the UK and have been dealing with depression since I was 14. I foolishly thought that this time I was going to be ok and now I see that I was just in denial. Right now there's still a fragment of light and I'm here to try to keep it that way instead of falling all the way down.

Not sure what else to say right now *scampers away*

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:33 am

((((((((((( blue )))))))))))))))))) <--- hug
welcome here!!! also just so you know there is a chatroom, blog section, and a gallery for photos attatched to this site, check them all out!! again welcome here

Katietron

Postby Katietron » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Blue and welcome, I saw you in the chat too, right?
:)

Hope you like it here, we have a lot of warm and helpful people moving around here.

Blue

Postby Blue » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Thank you. Yes, I was in chat too.

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Blue,

I don't do the chat room thing (too stimulating) so I don't really know anything about you.

Other than you suffer from the "black dog" like the rest of us.

I am hoping of getting the chance to get to know you better by you continuing posting to the forums.

You mentioned in your posting that you have been suffering from depression since you were 14, but don't say what your age is now?

When you get right down to it, suffering from depression, for any length of time, is too long.

Take care

MJ

Postby MJ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:48 am

hello there
I hope to see some of your posts around the forum in the future :)

aim

Postby aim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi Blue, and welcome. :-)

So glad you are holding onto any and all postivity as possible. Keep on posting here - it will help you!!!

Blue

Postby Blue » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:18 am

Thank you Monty, MJ and Aim.
I really should try to say more here. It's just hard knowing where to start sometimes.

xx

aim

Postby aim » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey again, Blue! Say whatever comes to your mind... whatever you feel like getting off of your chest... whatever you want to! We're all here to support one another. Nice to have you here!!!

grok

Postby grok » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi Blue, and welcome! Saw your post over in Grok Talk, thanks for the input. You write well, I'm sure when the time is right you'll find the words. Take good care of yourself, you deserve it!

G.

P.S. To all those I know here and to those I have yet to meet, howdy!

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Glad to see that you are continuing to post.

Personally, if I feel pressured to share, I tend to shift the other way and say nothing.

We are all very patient people here, share when it feels ok with you.

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:08 pm

blues, please know we arent trying to pressure you. im sorry if it seems that way, just trying to help... again sorry if you feel pressured

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:52 am

In the past I have had a difficult time, sharing things that have adversely affected my life.

When I am really troubled (and I find this one very difficult to do because I have not been able to do this very often in my life). I decide that I just can't take it anymore.
I sit down at the computer, and turn the editor off in my brain and let the words flow out.

Sometimes I feel badly for the people that I unload on. Most of the time that feeling is supplanted by the one, that it feels so good to let some of these things out (also understand that if they don't want to hear about it when I am on-line, they just have to push that delete button, unlike talking in person to someone and see that faraway look in their eyes as I prattle on, as I am doing here.

Know that it sounds corny, but I believe that love can only be multiplied. At the opposite end when things are bothering me, and I share, it is like the load has been divided.

aim

Postby aim » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:45 pm

Totally agreed, Monty. Being able to share what you are really feeling is difficult, but typing on these forums allows one to remain anonymous, and you feel that you are not burdening anyone.

Trust me though... no delete button is hit. :-)

Blue

Postby Blue » Sun May 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Thank you guys.

I tried to explain some stuff elsewhere in here. All I really did was babble though.

blue xxx

Return to “New Member Introductions”