feel like I'm slipping

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

smarium

feel like I'm slipping

Postby smarium » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:35 pm

Hi! This is my first time using a forum, lol, so I'm new at this. Anyways, I've been dealing with depression for around 5-6 years, since I was 14 (im almost 20 now), and even though I've been on medication and am generally doing better, I feel like I am slipping. About a year ago I went on 300mg Wellbutrin, and I was euphoric, but slowly it slipped away, and then I started getting migraines and vomiting from them, so now I am on venlafaxine. Its a weird time in my life because I have everything going for me, and I feel almost guilty for not being as happy, motivated, and energetic as I should be and want to be. it was almost easier when I was really depressed and not on meds because I knew it was all depression causing that stuff. but now I feel like its my fault. The headaches, lack of appetite, lack of motivation, the intense fatigue, the nightmares, the laziness, everything. I guess I'm not as sad, its more complicated than that now, idk. I feel trapped in these habits I developed when I was at my worse, and I fear that this is just who I am. I'm not as happy as I was when I first started medication, and I want to go back to that so bad.

CamGirl

Re: feel like I'm slipping

Postby CamGirl » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Hello there. Welcome to the forum! Have you tried developing a new skill or a new hobby. There are things you can do aside from the medications. In my opinion, don't be too dependent on them. I know it's easier said than done, but the one that can help you the most is yourself. You have to try harder to have a positive outlook. Also, are you doing some exercise? It helps with our mood. I hope you also enjoy music or art as it helps with relaxation. Just focus on yourself, on being happy, and don't let depression define you.

Wishing you well!

jessica james

Re: feel like I'm slipping

Postby jessica james » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 pm

I am sorry that you have to feel that way!
What I can gauge from your condition is that you are probably suffering from anxiety or depression. You should seek medical help and get some prescribed medicines from a certified medical expert. This will help you feel good and you will soon be back to your happy self. Also, make lifestyle changes. Start going for a walk and spend time in nature. meditation helps to fill our minds with peace and tranquility.

Return to “New Member Introductions”