Newcomer here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

missycalrissian

Newcomer here

Postby missycalrissian » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:00 am

Hi all. I came across this forum and chat because I was desperately seeking a relief or some support over depression. I've struggled with it off and on throughout my life. But, lately it's been rough. I know that it's because of certain people and circumstances in my life, but I just don't have anyone I can really talk to that understands or can really offer any kind of advice other than the conventional "it will be ok". Hoping to make some new friends here.

I'm 45 years old. In a relationship. I have a 27 yr old son from a previous. Currently not working, some of which is due to Covid, but there are other reasons holding me back at the moment. I understand most mental health diagnoses and I'm fairly educated about them. To be honest, I've been wrapped up in a relationship with someone for almost 2 years now that I've allowed to change my life drastically. Some of that is my fault because of my fear of abandonment and the willingness to put up with anything to be loved, but some is his too because of his personality type. I'm just in a place where I need someone to talk to. Someone that understands mental health and therapists aren't an option for me. Someone to talk to about life experiences and even just to have a conversation with would be so helpful, I think. I really don't know what else to do anymore and I'm not myself at all.

I don't know. Thoughts anyone? Waking up with a heavy heart every day and feeling unloved and unwanted is really starting to take a toll. All of my relationships are suffering in my life because I am suffering and I really don't know where to start to fix any of it. I've poured more out in this first post, than I have told anyone that I know. I guess I'm just really hurting at the moment and need to get it out somehow. I spend a lot of time listening to others and I'm able to offer good advice to others. But, I just can't fix me at the moment. My partner is no help. He doesn't really understand emotions at all. My fault again for getting involved with the wrong type.

Anyone out there to talk to?

Charlie28

Re: Newcomer here

Postby Charlie28 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi there Missy (Is that what you are going by?)

I am also new here although I am a depression fallout partner dealing with my male spouse who is depressed so there is no denial from him. He has known he has depression for many years and had admitted he can be hard to be married to. I'm sorry you are feeling so down and would be happy to lend an ear. I guess I know about mental health through my experience being married to him. I am 53.

Anything specifically you would like to chat about?

I'm female but my nickname is Charlie.

CamGirl

Re: Newcomer here

Postby CamGirl » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 am

Hello there and welcome!

You will learn a lot from this forum and the people are warm. You can say this is a place to get that sense of emotional support that's sometimes hard to find.

I hope you get the best out of this site and out of life. I'll see you around!

Return to “New Member Introductions”