Hi all

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bwdane

Hi all

Postby bwdane » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm

Thought I'd give an intro as I plan to spend a fair amount of time here looking for some answers, advice, inspiration. I've been tooling around in the chat for a few days and I may or may not post much in the forum.

Anyways, my name is Bryce and I have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but have been in and out of therapy since I was 13 but had to take special classes for anger issues since I was 8. Nowadays I have no anger left but I also have no drive I have a general malaise about me. I spend most of my free time lethargic, looking about the house at things I haven't done or have neglected for a long time. I have other issues but I'm not ready to get into that.

Sorry for rambling. Anyway, I'm glad to be here, hopefully I can sort out some of my issues and help some others while I am on my journey.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Welcome :)

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:56 pm

welcome bwdane!! nice to have you here.
(((((((((((((((((((((((( bwdane ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) <--- hug
i look forward to seeing more posts from you!!

aim

Postby aim » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi Bryce - another welcome coming your way!!!

I'm sorry to say that i don't know much about Bipolar Disorder, but it seems that you have a pretty good understanding of yourself and how it affects you. You seem like a bright guy!!

Kudos to you for working therapy and getting that anger out of you! You started young, which is always good. Does your lethargy come from the extreme lows I've heard that bipolar disorder can cause? Forgive me for my ignorance on this disorder, but I would love to listen and help if I can, which means that I have to understand it, and what it does to you.

Glad you're here, Bryce!

bwdane

Postby bwdane » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I was testing the water in the chatroom but that doesn't seem to be for me.

Ayway, my bipolar disorder manifests different than I've heard is normal. I'm still able to function despite my lows. I may not bathe or take care of myself in other normal ways but I've never been in a state where I couldn't leave my house. I've always been able to get up, get dressed and get out. My "highs" consist of boughts of near obsessive focus on single activities, most of these are pointless but every once in a while I can get somthing accomplished.

Bryce

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:00 pm

hey bryce,
the chatroom is not a place for everyone, i stick to the forums myself as well :) Dont worry about all the things you've found once easy to accomplish, that will cause more stress. Find a way to achieve one thing a day, no matter how small it may seem to another person, to you it can mean a big deal, this will make you feel good about what you did and your day will be a little brighter. This is what I do and it works a whole lot, you should try it.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:50 pm

((((((((((((((((((( Bryce ))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome to the forums and the chat room. Good to see you being involved. Thank you for that.

Talk/type soon.

Warmie/Jeanie

aim

Postby aim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Definitely agreed with Emotional regarding the chat room. It really is a wonderful place to go for support, but it is not for everyone... sometimes it moves too quickly and it's hard to keep up... been there!! The forums are becoming my main source of support and help with this site, so I do hope you keep posting!!!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:09 pm

The chat room is a good place, although it may move fast, don't feel you have to reply to everyone. Sometimes just reading gives you answers or solution from others.

Take care.

Jeanie

aim

Postby aim » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:50 am

Sometimes there is comfort in listening to others. Then? You can find someone or many people who will truly understand you... I did. :-)

bwdane

Postby bwdane » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:58 am

Thank you all for the kind words.

Bryce

aim

Postby aim » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:00 am

((((Bryce)))) you are most welcome. And never forget... no matter how cynical the world seems, there is always kindness out there as well. How are you?

bwdane

Postby bwdane » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:18 am

I'm doing ok, I made another post in what seemed to be the random section. For the last couple of days I appear to be in an upswing as fas as my mood is concerned. It's nice to get that every once in a while.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:52 am

((((((((((((( Bryce ))))))))))))))))

Hello again, and I did reply to your other post.

An extra hug for you..

Warmie/Jeanie

aim

Postby aim » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Glad you're experiencing an "up" mood and enjoying it as you are-hope it lasts for ya!

What else is going on?

Return to “New Member Introductions”