Into the ether

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

yosci

Into the ether

Postby yosci » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:24 am

Hello to any who may read.

I feel the need to say, to write anything, to somewhere. I can air the thoughts that keep intruding out loud, but such does not help. In my older age, they’re more at bay—they’re recognized and feelings are noted, then I move on. “You don’t want to be here.” “You want this to stop.” “Go as fast as you can, right into the barrier.”

But today, those thoughts are compounded by general anxiety that doing everything as best I can hasn’t stopped. That getting plenty of sleep hasn’t stopped. That talking to friends and loved ones hasn’t stopped. That petting the dog and cats hasn’t stopped. That having a relaxing weekend and having a plan for the week hasn’t stopped. That taking a walk and a shower hasn’t stopped.

This. This.

That.

I dread.

I’m tired, poetically, of fog and impending doom.

So, hello all. Maybe I’ll be around awhile. Maybe I’ll lurk. Maybe I’ll post.

I’m in my 30s. One of the many with depression and anxiety. Not currently pharmaceutically treated, but lately thinking it would be worth it again.

ObliviousNerd

Re: Into the ether

Postby ObliviousNerd » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Hi I like you're poetic flare, one of the few upsides to depression is the beautiful bleak dark poems and metaphors. No one writes good stuff about how happy they are, either fake or tedious or both.

Prycejosh1987

Re: Into the ether

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:08 pm

yosci wrote:Hello to any who may read.

I feel the need to say, to write anything, to somewhere. I can air the thoughts that keep intruding out loud, but such does not help. In my older age, they’re more at bay—they’re recognized and feelings are noted, then I move on. “You don’t want to be here.” “You want this to stop.” “Go as fast as you can, right into the barrier.”

But today, those thoughts are compounded by general anxiety that doing everything as best I can hasn’t stopped. That getting plenty of sleep hasn’t stopped. That talking to friends and loved ones hasn’t stopped. That petting the dog and cats hasn’t stopped. That having a relaxing weekend and having a plan for the week hasn’t stopped. That taking a walk and a shower hasn’t stopped.

This. This.

That.

I dread.

I’m tired, poetically, of fog and impending doom.

So, hello all. Maybe I’ll be around awhile. Maybe I’ll lurk. Maybe I’ll post.

I’m in my 30s. One of the many with depression and anxiety. Not currently pharmaceutically treated, but lately thinking it would be worth it again.

Look at the good life brings. You can do and be whatever you want to be and do. Take advantage of opportunities you can bring into your life.

Return to “New Member Introductions”