Hello everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Myttyns1976

Hello everyone

Postby Myttyns1976 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:37 am

I've been suffering from anxiety and depression for years. My mother was a Jehovah's Witness when I was growing up. She kept me very isolated as a child, believing that I should interact only with the people from church, of which I didn't get along with at all. I think even as a child I was resentful that I couldn't pick my own friends. So, needless to say, even after growing up and getting away from that situation, I have no social skills that most children develop. I have always felt different and that I never belonged anywhere. I'm always worried about saying or doing the wrong thing with people, and that they won't like me. Because of this, I don't have any friends, and often feel very lonely.

SadnessXoXo

Re: Hello everyone

Postby SadnessXoXo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:05 am

Well, you are showing some social skills by posting here and expressing your situation. :)

I may just be a "stranger from the internet" but I'd be happy to be a friend.

Myttyns1976

Postby Myttyns1976 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:29 pm

SadnessXoXo wrote:Well, you are showing some social skills by posting here and expressing your situation. :)

I may just be a "stranger from the internet" but I'd be happy to be a friend.

Thank you for that. I would like that very much.

SadnessXoXo

Postby SadnessXoXo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Myttyns1976 wrote:
Thank you for that. I would like that very much.

Feel free to send me a PM whenever you need to talk to someone. :)

doclove2000

Postby doclove2000 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 am

Hello,
I have suffered from depression since the age of 15, I am 53 now and going through a major depression now. I will improve soon I hope and get back to "more functional". it is nice to be here since no one really understands what we go through on a daily basis.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Myttyns1976 wrote:I've been suffering from anxiety and depression for years. My mother was a Jehovah's Witness when I was growing up. She kept me very isolated as a child, believing that I should interact only with the people from church, of which I didn't get along with at all. I think even as a child I was resentful that I couldn't pick my own friends. So, needless to say, even after growing up and getting away from that situation, I have no social skills that most children develop. I have always felt different and that I never belonged anywhere. I'm always worried about saying or doing the wrong thing with people, and that they won't like me. Because of this, I don't have any friends, and often feel very lonely.

The faith itself might not be much of an issue, however there are some religious people that can be. You cannot judge every faith and religion by the same code though. Its good to mingle with different kinds of people and get different opinions, on life. It really does make you as a person. You cant change what is past, but you can take complete advantage of the present. Build on your future.

Return to “New Member Introductions”