Just down and out .....

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Mammyno1

Just down and out .....

Postby Mammyno1 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi everyone I literally don’t know how to get myself out of the rut I’m in I have a great life kids job etc so I really don’t know why I feel this way.
I just feel
:arrow: Been with my partner years and want to get married but then my parents hate each other and would not stay in the country let alone a room my partner knows this and maybe that’s why he won’t ask me but we are together 15 years and I’m
Still the “girl friend”
:arrow: He is not affectionate or give me compliments and he also will not touch any part of my body with a little fat (I’m a size eight) so I’m grand but in the mirror I see size 1,000,000,000 I have no confidence and would rather stay in snickers in work than a suit so I make excuses as to why I wear my snickers and PJ’s at home and I don’t want to get dressed to leave the house either

I feel awful as I know there is loads of people out there in a worse position than me but I cannot motivate myself I get out of this

Prycejosh1987

Re: Just down and out .....

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Mammyno1 wrote:Hi everyone I literally don’t know how to get myself out of the rut I’m in I have a great life kids job etc so I really don’t know why I feel this way.
I just feel
:arrow: Been with my partner years and want to get married but then my parents hate each other and would not stay in the country let alone a room my partner knows this and maybe that’s why he won’t ask me but we are together 15 years and I’m
Still the “girl friend”
:arrow: He is not affectionate or give me compliments and he also will not touch any part of my body with a little fat (I’m a size eight) so I’m grand but in the mirror I see size 1,000,000,000 I have no confidence and would rather stay in snickers in work than a suit so I make excuses as to why I wear my snickers and PJ’s at home and I don’t want to get dressed to leave the house either

I feel awful as I know there is loads of people out there in a worse position than me but I cannot motivate myself I get out of this

Talk to him. He probably has gotten so used to living with you. The relationship is starting to "wear and tear" I think you should cement the relationship with marriage. It will provide more security and more unity in the relationship. You need to make the first move in this, because it doesnt seem that your partner will. It might be that he is struggling with his own issues. Communicate with him.

Return to “New Member Introductions”