8 Years In the Making, Seeking Others Who Struggle

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Lil Welby

8 Years In the Making, Seeking Others Who Struggle

Postby Lil Welby » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was diagnosed with clinical depression 8 years ago, I've seen many doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists. I've been on a laundry list of different medications with varying degrees of success and failure. To this day, I fight, and I struggle. My brain is a mess, and I feel like I could literally make this post into a nonsensical book. This is why I have waited so long to post, I feel like nothing makes sense, and when I try to explain my thoughts I feel like they make even less sense. I have these conversations with myself, and ultimately I decide against taking any action at all. Recently I have been making an honest effort to make improvements. I've been trying to find some sort of support groups to go to, and am having little success.

I feel like I need to be around others who share similar struggles, I feel like we may in fact be stronger together. I have a lot to share, and I hope to do so with everyone if I can just keep myself focused and actually do it. I keep having this thought, "Maybe what helps me won't help others, maybe what helps others will help me." and I don't know what it means, but I am choosing to see importance in it. I'm finishing my post now because I'm starting to re-read everything and re-consider everything. If I allow myself the time I will change my mind and erase everything I have written and who knows how many more years will go by before I try again. I hope to get to know you all better and I hope we can help each other through our struggles. Thank you.

-Welby

Spleefy

Re: 8 Years In the Making, Seeking Others Who Struggle

Postby Spleefy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:43 am

Hi Welby,

Thanks for sharing your situation with us. I’m glad you decided to make a post and reach out, even if just to connect with other people.

Owing to your experience living with depression, I don’t doubt that you have much to share. Even if it helps only a few people, then it is all worth it. So please do share your experience or tips on how you've coped with depression when you get the chance.

It is important to have connections with people going through similar experiences. It is only natural to gravitate towards like-minded individuals or those going through similar experiences. I spent the bulk of my time with someone with depression, thinking together we were stronger and, as a team, could get through depression together.

At the time, I thought it was helping. But the reality is, we only prevented each other from making progress and overcoming depression. The reason being is because we were both depressed and thus it was like blind leading the blind. So do connect with other people with depression for peer support, but include other connections to keep your positive energy levels high and to maintain healthier living habits.

I look forward to hearing more about your experiences and your thoughts.

Prycejosh1987

Re: 8 Years In the Making, Seeking Others Who Struggle

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 am

Lil Welby wrote:Hello Everyone,

I was diagnosed with clinical depression 8 years ago, I've seen many doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists. I've been on a laundry list of different medications with varying degrees of success and failure. To this day, I fight, and I struggle. My brain is a mess, and I feel like I could literally make this post into a nonsensical book. This is why I have waited so long to post, I feel like nothing makes sense, and when I try to explain my thoughts I feel like they make even less sense. I have these conversations with myself, and ultimately I decide against taking any action at all. Recently I have been making an honest effort to make improvements. I've been trying to find some sort of support groups to go to, and am having little success.

I feel like I need to be around others who share similar struggles, I feel like we may in fact be stronger together. I have a lot to share, and I hope to do so with everyone if I can just keep myself focused and actually do it. I keep having this thought, "Maybe what helps me won't help others, maybe what helps others will help me." and I don't know what it means, but I am choosing to see importance in it. I'm finishing my post now because I'm starting to re-read everything and re-consider everything. If I allow myself the time I will change my mind and erase everything I have written and who knows how many more years will go by before I try again. I hope to get to know you all better and I hope we can help each other through our struggles. Thank you.

-Welby

I think you should be open to trying new things. Things are being shown to you and you are thinking it doesnt make sense. Use logic and reason when taking on solutions.

Return to “New Member Introductions”