Just A Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LyekkaEve

Just A Hello

Postby LyekkaEve » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:47 am

Hello everyone. I'm not sure what to really say, other then I'm not very social and I don't really talk to many people till i get to know them. I have been on other depression forums only to have my posts be completely ignored, so Im very unsure about forums now.

Spleefy

Re: Just A Hello

Postby Spleefy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi LyekkaEve,

Welcome :D I’m guessing depression forums overall are less active than other types of forums because depression can make it difficult to be social.

This forum is somewhat active, so hopefully you’ll find people you can connect with here. This forum is a small but friendly community, and people here make an effort to reply to posts to give their love and support.

LyekkaEve

Postby LyekkaEve » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:57 am

thanks for the reply at least someone responded.

Lil Welby

Postby Lil Welby » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello LyekkaEve,

I have just joined the forum myself. I know what it feels like to reach out for help and feel ignored. I personally struggle reaching out in the first place. You are not alone. Is there anything you feel like sharing?

LyekkaEve

Postby LyekkaEve » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 am

not at the moment

Brockennstrong

Postby Brockennstrong » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Hello...

I know the feeling of being ignored, so much that I speak to myself more than I speak to others

Lil Welby

Postby Lil Welby » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Hello Brockennstrong,

The world is a crazy place, with a seemingly unlimited amount of tasks to complete and very little precious time to do so. It's no wonder why people are able to become so wrapped up in the daily grind that they ignore others around them, even people that we care about deeply are not exempt from this.

As a part of my own personal treatment plan, I have been making an honest effort to check these forums once every day, even though it takes every ounce of effort I can muster. I'm doing it not for my own benefit, but for people like yourself. People who seek to speak, and feel ignored. I might not have all the answers, shoot, I might not have any answers, but what I have to offer are my positive intentions. So I want you to know, I'm around, and I'll be listening.

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Lil Welby,

That was a very heart-warming comment.

It is hard for many people to participate and comment—but you still make that effort, despite the difficulty. There are others on here that have done the same thing, and they should be proud of themselves.

I think participating on here can be a good part of our own healing process, whether we are living with depression or have lived with it.

I have always wanted to help other people with depression in whatever way I can, even whilst I was depressed.

I can never forget what it was like to live with depression… and I don’t want to! That is one of several reasons why I try to offer support in any way I can. I lived with depression for over ten years and I never want to go through it again. However, I don’t want to forget what I have been through, otherwise the experience would have been all for nothing.

I think everyone here has so much to offer. Everyone’s experience with depression will have many similarities, but we also have many personal experiences, stories to share, and even coping strategies that may help other people. But, if anything, it reminds us that we are not alone. We can suffer together :lol: but constructively help each other through it, even if it is just someone to listen to us, or to say...

“You are loved. You are wanted!”

So thank you so much for making the effort to give support to others. Hopefully your comment will be a source of encouragement and strength for others to follow your lead.

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:38 am

Welcome aboard, friend! Nice to meet you. I appreciate your willingness to connect with us here. This is a great place to share, and I’m sure you’ll find a lot of help and support. Have a blessed stay!

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:03 am

LyekkaEve wrote:Hello everyone. I'm not sure what to really say, other then I'm not very social and I don't really talk to many people till i get to know them. I have been on other depression forums only to have my posts be completely ignored, so Im very unsure about forums now.

To get to know someone you really need to engage with someone you dont know first.

Return to “New Member Introductions”