Hi, just a brief one

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

el812023

Hi, just a brief one

Postby el812023 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:01 am

Hello. I'm just gonna be brief and please excuse my French...

I suspect I have been living with depression for a few years.
It comes in ebbs and flows. At one point recently, I thought I had got rid of it completely. This was naive of me and, as it turned out, very short-lived. The warning signs are back. I'm beginning to feel sad again and worry that I won't be able to stop myself from getting worse.

I'm managing at the moment but I've made this account for when I'm less okay - it would be harder for me to make it then.

In the past, I've spoken to friends about stuff like this but over time I've pushed myself away. I don't like dumping my shite on other people and didn't want them to worry. I've tried to tell my family but that hasn't gone too well. I haven't discussed anything like this with a GP although I know I should. f***, it hasn't even been diagnosed.

I'm not asking for advice (although I'm very much open to it) but it's just comforting to know that someone could read this. So thank you.

athena.vhd

Re: Hi, just a brief one

Postby athena.vhd » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 am

hello el812023!! :D
welcome here.
hope u get better soon...
just a brief one 8)

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:25 am

Depression can come in ebb and flows. I wouldn't go as far as to call it "naive" to think you were over depression. It is only natural that you feel this way... nobody wants to live with depression.

There is always hope--depression need not be a life sentence.

Good on you for managing and making an account while you are able to in order to reach out when you need to. It's a good step in the right direction. Keep taking such steps and actions and you'll get there.

If you need to get things off your chest, just keep posting and we will read.

kevinloveslena

Postby kevinloveslena » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Hello @el812023,

Welcome to the forum! I am so sorry that you are going through such a difficult time. It can seem very much like walking through the "valley of the shadow of death." I have been suffering for almost eight years from severe depression and PTSD due to a fall and the pain syndrome that resulted from it. I even became suicidal at one point. Being a believer, I decided to try praying, reading the Bible, and worshiping Him. Though this did not change my physical or mental state, it significantly changed how I reacted to the disease process. Each day I have to give it all to Him and trust that He will take care of me. I don't know if you have accepted Jesus into your heart yet or not, but if you are willing to do something that has no risk and a high potential for reward, Jesus can help.
Please know either way I will pray for you this week. Blessings,
KE

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:33 am

el812023 wrote:Hello. I'm just gonna be brief and please excuse my French...

I suspect I have been living with depression for a few years.
It comes in ebbs and flows. At one point recently, I thought I had got rid of it completely. This was naive of me and, as it turned out, very short-lived. The warning signs are back. I'm beginning to feel sad again and worry that I won't be able to stop myself from getting worse.

I'm managing at the moment but I've made this account for when I'm less okay - it would be harder for me to make it then.

In the past, I've spoken to friends about stuff like this but over time I've pushed myself away. I don't like dumping my shite on other people and didn't want them to worry. I've tried to tell my family but that hasn't gone too well. I haven't discussed anything like this with a GP although I know I should. f***, it hasn't even been diagnosed.

I'm not asking for advice (although I'm very much open to it) but it's just comforting to know that someone could read this. So thank you.

Discuss things with your doctor, and Dont let the negative thoughts come back, fight them, and dont doubt your success and breakthrough.

Return to “New Member Introductions”