1st post, Hi there peeps

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Agentk

1st post, Hi there peeps

Postby Agentk » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:28 pm

:P hello im Agentk , i think therefore i am. I think what i am? So I've been stuck thinking like this for years. But I've armed myself with some new tools to ward off negativity and in the longer run anxiety.

You tube has been a very fruitful endeavour finding other paths to help with depression and combat those terrible low days/months.

Now i thought, help others with the same. Im no dr but I've definitely been at the cutting edge of self negativity for many years.

Looking fir some chats and conversations to help and further my own healing.

See you all out there!

Spleefy

Re: 1st post, Hi there peeps

Postby Spleefy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:05 am

Hi Agentk,

It is a pleasure to meet you.

It’s encouraging to hear you talk about some of the ways you overcome negativity and to heal yourself through your own struggles with depression.

With your own experiences of depression, you will no doubt be a tremendous source of encouragement, strength, and comfort to other people going through their own struggles.

You definitely don’t need to be a doctor to help other people with depression. In fact, you are in a better position in many ways because of your personal experience. A doctor can only go by the textbook and scientific studies. Many doctors will also lack empathy, perhaps even be desensitized. Doctors certainly have their use, but the personalized and loving advice you give and sharing of your experiences will be a great source of comfort and hope to many people.

Helping other people is therapy in itself. Helping others and putting their interests above our own can help to put our own issues into perspective as well as reap tremendous joy. As Jesus said, "There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving."--Acts 20:35.

I look forward to reading your future posts along with the changes you will no doubt make in other people’s lives, big or small.

Prycejosh1987

Re: 1st post, Hi there peeps

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:06 pm

Agentk wrote::P hello im Agentk , i think therefore i am. I think what i am? So I've been stuck thinking like this for years. But I've armed myself with some new tools to ward off negativity and in the longer run anxiety.

You tube has been a very fruitful endeavour finding other paths to help with depression and combat those terrible low days/months.

Now i thought, help others with the same. Im no dr but I've definitely been at the cutting edge of self negativity for many years.

Looking fir some chats and conversations to help and further my own healing.

See you all out there!

Believe in yourself and that you have power to change your life and then take the steps. If your are struggling with negative thoughts then you need to stop doubting in yourself.

Return to “New Member Introductions”