hi everyone... looking for suggestion to help my friend

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

mochajave

hi everyone... looking for suggestion to help my friend

Postby mochajave » Thu May 02, 2019 1:35 pm

one of my friend was diagnosed with depression lately, i'm seeing him going down in a downward spiral, i really want to help him but don't know how. i'm eager to hear suggestions. you can find more of his situation in this thread http://depression-understood.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=38421

Prycejosh1987

Re: hi everyone... looking for suggestion to help my friend

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:19 pm

mochajave wrote:one of my friend was diagnosed with depression lately, i'm seeing him going down in a downward spiral, i really want to help him but don't know how. i'm eager to hear suggestions. you can find more of his situation in this thread http://depression-understood.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=38421

Take him to see a counsellor.

Sawijames

Re: hi everyone... looking for suggestion to help my friend

Postby Sawijames » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:08 pm

My friend calls me every time he's having a bad day and needs someone to talk to. I try to help him, but sometimes I'm just too busy with my own life. We are not close friends, and I have my own problems to deal with. I didn't really have the patience to deal with one more person. I always try my best to help him, but I do have my limits. I try to always give him a listening ear, but if I feel like I don't have the resources to provide the kind of support he needs, then I try my best by referring him to something to help.
I don't want to be that guy. I don't want to be someone who talks about his problems, but is unwilling to help a friend in need. But I do also have a life of my own.

Return to “New Member Introductions”