Introduction

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

AinsleyVergessen

Introduction

Postby AinsleyVergessen » Fri May 05, 2017 5:45 pm

I don't know if there is an established format or sonething I'm supposed to say here, but i'm new here hence the post. I suppose I should say why I joined. I've never have been clinically diagnosed with depression nor am I on any medication. Yet I feel detached from people I can't seem to relate on any deeper level. I've never really liked people but, it's gotten to the point where I have chisen to isolate myself completely. I sometimes wonder if I realky am depressed or if it's in my head. I don't seem to have the typical symptoms. I still follow a routine despite days I really don't want to. But if i'm not depressed than why can't I seem to be happy about anything. Even things I like I feel no joy for. Everday it feels like I have to force myself to go outside to support myself. This hasn't gotten to the point to where it's effecting my ability to function but, this cant be normal can it? I know people want to be alone sometimes yet I feel like its gotten to far. I don't even know how I am still functioning at this point. I don't kniw what I feel yet I seem to be beyond pulling myself out of this. As I write this I relaize i've felt this way for at least 15 years. I'm not really sure what it is I joined for. If I want help or just people to talk too. I don't know. I know its not normal to be like this...Well I'm not sure ehat else to say I have never spoken to anyone nor have someone I can talk to about this. I'm not really sure what else to say. I can't imagine even bothering to read this nonsense. I dont know.. Well there it is I'm a mess and don't know what to do about it.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Introduction

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat May 06, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. I hope you find this place helpful and useful.

I think depression can differ from person to person. I don't know whether these feelings are strong or mild forums of depression your experiencing but we experience depression in many different ways in our daily lives.

There are things we can do and try what will help us get through this like peer support, professional help or counselling maybe. Have you tried any of these?

As you may or may not know what kind of support you need. Can you tell us what we can do to help? Do you just a listening ear? Maybe we can help.

Remember your not on your own and please keep talking to us whenever you need to. We're always here 24/7.

Hugs and kisses

Helloraspberries

AinsleyVergessen

Postby AinsleyVergessen » Sat May 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Truth be told I don't know what kind of help I need. This is the fitst time I have really talked about it. I don't feel any better. I dunno why I felt the need to say al those things. I don't know what Im looking for or what will help. No I dont see the point in counseling either. They would just toss a bunch of drugs at me anyways .

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm

Sorry to hear that. I understand how you may feel. It's maybe a case of exploring your options with a doctor. See what you can't get off your appointment and what they can do to help.

Do you know if your depressed or just low in yourself? If not your doctor can examine you got those things.

I'm glad you found this place. This is a good step to getting help.

I'm sorry therapy didn't go well before but there's always other days and other therapists who can help. There are so many none medication stuff you can try. It maybe a case of just talking to a professional.

Please keep reaching out on here and maybe think of using the chatrooms here to get more support.

Ally34

Postby Ally34 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:55 pm

I feel the same way. I don't want to go to work. But as adults we have bills to pay. I like being home and I just want to sleep.

AinsleyVergessen

Postby AinsleyVergessen » Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Thanks for taking the time to respond again. I'll consider the chatrooms sometime. Going to see the doctor right noe isn't really an option at the moment. No coverage right now.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:38 am

Is it insurance you can't afford? Where do you live? That's a shame. Would you go and see the doctor if you could?

How you getting help then?

Return to “New Member Introductions”