Hi, I'm new here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

QtKira

Hi, I'm new here

Postby QtKira » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi everyone. I have suffering with depression, anxiety and panic disorder since I was a teenager. I recently got out of the hospital for this last bout of depression and I figured I need to get back into a support system. Seems like a lot of nice people here to connect with. I have also started a blog at http://doc-iamnotcrazy.blogspot.com/ to share my recent experience in the psych ward as well as to just express my everyday thouhts with people that can relate. Thanks for this site. I hope to chat with you in the forums.

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:31 am

Hi Kira, welcome to this forum, i read your blog, and about your comment on your depression meds making you more depressed, i have read somewhere that sometimes the meds can do that, its ironic... you just have to be aware of it and if it continues to seemingly make you even MORE depressed after taking the meds, something has to be done about it... talk to the nurses/doc etc...

all the best!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:50 am

Hi QtKira,

Welcome to this forum. Wanted to let you know there is a support chat room connected with this forum.

Lots of nice chatters dealing with depression, so feel free to give it a try. No professional people there.

Just people giving and getting support, dealing with the daily life of depression.

Warmie 8)

QtKira

Thanks

Postby QtKira » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:12 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I am really feeling wierd today (nervous, shakey, aggitated, and heart racing). I think it is because my doc is weaning me off of Lexapro and Seroquel and he is introducing Cymbalta. I go to see him on Tuesday - hope I feel better by then. I'll hang in there and keep you posted. :?

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:47 pm

good, keep us posted, hope u r feeling better today... :)

QtKira

Thanks hey it's okay

Postby QtKira » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:14 am

Thanks for the support. I am at work right now- not feeling great, but I'm here. I will check out the other forums today where I can be more specific.

Return to “New Member Introductions”