Dysthymia, recurring clinical moderate to severe depression

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: Sunlily92, windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

sadallthetime

Dysthymia, recurring clinical moderate to severe depression

Postby sadallthetime » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:11 pm

[size=18]I'm on a lot of meds, which may help prevent very serious depression, but I'm feeling pretty horrible for the past few weeks. Family is not enough. Burnt all my bridges. Go to lots of "interest" groups, but never make any friends. Married. Husband still works but is supportive. Has absolutely no need for friends. Retired. In 70s. I just can't seem to make my life work.

:(

Bardsley

Postby Bardsley » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:30 am

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. Would it be possible to talk to your doctor and let him or her know that your medication doesn't seem to be working?

I very much know what it is to feel like you cannot make your life work. I feel the same way, and it is a dreadful, trapped feeling. I don't have any answers. I just want you to know that someone cares and you are not alone.

sadallthetime

Bardster's post

Postby sadallthetime » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:09 am

Hi Bardsley,

Thank you so much for caring, and I'm very sorry you still feel the same way I felt when I posted my problem.

I feel very lucky and grateful right now as last week my psychiatrist raised the dose significantly on one of my meds, and the effect was positive very quickly. I've also explored and have had some good results by joining and virtually volunteering for some charities. It makes such a difference when I feel I am actually being productive and have a purpose. Part of my new "life" is caring for my two 12 year old cats, both of whom became ill with different sicknesses at the same time. It is requiring a lot of work for me to do.

Maybe you can talk to your P-doc and get a change in dosage of a medication or a new one. By increasing the dose on a med I was already taking, it started to work much more quickly than if I had gotten a new med.
Contact me if you're interested in any of the things I've been doing. Maybe you will be interested in something.

Good luck,
marrude Bardster's post
[/quote]

Bardsley

Postby Bardsley » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 am

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I am so pleased to read that you are doing better. It gives me hope. I agree, I feel better when I feel like I am doing something worthwhile too. I am happy that your life has improved. I hope both of your cats recover soon.

Return to “New Member Introductions”