New - depressed, alone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

starrlite

New - depressed, alone

Postby starrlite » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi all,

I've been depressed for a few years now, i think. The past year has been the hardest. I've been through intensive outpatient programs at a major hospital...which helped tremendously, but didn't last. I fell back into the depression and now I'm isolating myself again and just feel horrible about myself. I have social anxiety and feel like people are laughing at me, though my logical mind knows that's not true, my emotional mind still feels it because my self confidence is so low right now. I've had a rough year with my husband, we were separated for awhile. He's bipolar, so both of our conditions, together, have been hard to deal with. We're back together now, but rarely spend much time together. I have no friends here, and feel so alone. I rarely call my friends in other cities, because i just don't feel like talking. Even with meds, I'm still depressed and just feel like life is hopeless right now. I just feel so low and so lonely. Maybe getting some thoughts out here will help.

starrlite (Jackie)

hey-its-ok

Postby hey-its-ok » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi Starrlite,

if the intensive outpatient programs at that hospital was that helpful, why don't you try it again? Are you allowed to go for it again? Maybe there is a way to make the benefits of that program last longer?

You could try going to the chat rooms in this forum, i have never used chat, but i heard that it can be helpful to talk to people there who experience the same feelings as you.

You know, as you said, you don't feel like talking to people, but you must remember that this is just a phase, and it will pass, and that it is this condition that is making you feel like life is hopeless. You have to remember that there is a lot out there in this world, just waiting for you to reach out and grap. Remember, things will get better, try and go out a bit more, don't isolate yourself in your room, talk to your friends, you may not feel like talking, but having a friend always makes things better... 8)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:46 am

Hey Starlite,

Agree with all hey-its-okay typed.

You could visit the chat room. You don't have to talk while there if you don't feel comfortable doing that. But sometimes just being there, reading and relating tends to help see things differently.

Just a thought. Great chatters and we do care.

Warmie 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:15 am

Welcome starrlite, you have come to the right place. Hope to talk with you further and get to know you.

Kyle

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 pm

hello starlight its good to meet you and read your story I feel passonate about helping people in need so if theres anything you need just pm me

PS i myself like the chat room you should give it a whirl :!:

Return to “New Member Introductions”