Why I joined

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jazzmin21

Why I joined

Postby Jazzmin21 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Well I'm not sure what to put into the introduction so I'll go with the basics. I'm 21 and have been dealing with depression since I was 13, My biggest problem is that it isn't continuous. I tend to get into some very great moods for a while and then out of nowhere seemingly I get hit with this wave of sadness and despair. I can usually cover it up with saying that I'm just tired or don't feel well. I have had several breakdowns including two when I was in Middle School and High school when I couldn't cover it up anymore. I am tired of not having someone to talk to about how I feel. Everyone thinks I'm just being a baby and that there is obviously some reason for this though I honestly don't know. I've come to the forum so that I can get some support rather than being to grow up and stop being depressed. I'm tired so tired of being alone in this I just want some support beyond being called a baby or attention whore. Like I said before I don't stay depressed I actually become quiet animated and joyful at times which could be why people around me don't believe me when I'm depressed... Beyond that I'm not sure what to say so I guess I'll stop there.

Alaska1958

Postby Alaska1958 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:23 pm

This is a good, safe place to come for someone to talk to. Many of us have similar problems and can relate to yours. It's very important to have friends you can talk to. Where I live there is an couple organization called NAMI and they have group meetings a couple times a month. Might there be some similar option where you live?

I spent almost 20 years at a job where I worked all day with several different computers, buthad alm ost no social interaction with people. As I'm pretty introverted I didn't mind, but when I lost that job and started working withp eople, I realized that the interaction was very good for me.

The last few years have been my most difficult, but the greatest relief I get is from talking to people. Especially people who can relate to my problems. Sometimes it's to talk about the depression, butoft en it's just to keep my mind engaged.

I wish you well.

Return to “New Member Introductions”