new and struggling

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

tears14

new and struggling

Postby tears14 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:19 am

Hey. Sorry this maybe long but need help.
I have been moved from regular Anti depression medication to Welbrution. (spelt wrong) and I am having lots of side effects so not good. On top of this I have a friend who has done a psychology course and talks as if she is a fully qualified psychologist. Some of what she says is spot on but she said something to me that when I think about makes me angry. I said that sometimes you just can't pick yourself up and brush yourself down as you have done it so many times not all of the pieces are there any more. I thought she had said it and when I said it to her she just said Well no I do not believe that so I would not have said it.
I can't tell if I am upset with this as one of the side effects is irritability or because what she said was out of line. If it was out of line how to I tell her.
Thank you

Alaska1958

Postby Alaska1958 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi there, I wouldn't worry too much about what your friend said. In any event she meant well and it's very important to have some friends that you can talk to about this. Try and use any positive feedbacky ou get and downplay the rest.

I took wellbutrin for a few years, but I've almost never had negative side effects from any antidepressants. On the other hand none of the ones I'veus ed ever worked very well for me either.

Return to “New Member Introductions”