Hi, new here, needs some friends

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

delsina363

Hi, new here, needs some friends

Postby delsina363 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi, I am new here. I have suffered with depression since I was 16, 32 years ago. All of my life, it has followed me. Sometimes I can handle it really well, and other times, it is very, very, hard. I am having a particular tough time right now. I feel like I have a black cloud following me. I am so sad. I do not have anyone who really cares for me. I do have two young girls, they keep me going. I lost my Mom a few months ago, and am estranged from most of my siblings right now. At least my Mom loved me. Now I have no one. It gets so lonely. I called into work today sick. I feel like my depression and anxiety is going to screw up my job. I am having issues at work right now. I have an anger issue as of late, and swear every little thing someone does is directed towards me. My boss, my husband, my siblings, they do things that really hurts me. When my sister does not call me, I get really upset. She is the only one I have. However, when she does not need something from me, she ignores me. No one at all seems to care. I do have a good therapist, who says that she cares, but I guess she has to say that. I am so so depressed and sad. If anyone feels the same way, or have been in this position and can offer advice, please let me know. If you got to the end of this, thank you so much for reading.

Frame

Postby Frame » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:44 am

Hi delsina363;

I wish I had something more empathetic to say except, I know what your going through. I am only a few years older than you and I believe that many of the things you have been through, things your burdened with now, are common to the struggle with depression.

Isolation; both feeling that way, and acting that way, and being shunned is, I think, one of the most prevalent issues with depression. And yet, here you are. It does me good to read your post. I hope it helps you to write. That is one of the best therapies.

Beyond that, there are other things that help. I'm struggling a bit myself right now, so maybe we can go into more things later. For now, you might look around and use the search function. There is lots of information on the sight.

Woglinde

Postby Woglinde » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 pm

I am a lot younger than you, but I feel the same way about my family sometimes. I just have to live without them and that's hard.

Anyway, you've already helped me out a little and I hope that you'll feel better having known that.

Return to “New Member Introductions”