New but not to depression or anxiety

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ulysses_

New but not to depression or anxiety

Postby Ulysses_ » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi, I'm Allison from Canada. I have been dealing with an anxiety disorder and depression for probably almost 15 years on and off. Some days are good and other days are bad. Lately it's been pretty gloomy for me.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and seeing if I can finally shake this nasty view I have of myself and life.

PixieArmy

Postby PixieArmy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Welcome Allison

hope you can find support and care in this forums. Maybe will help if you tell us a little more about yourself.

I am sorry you have been dealing with this for so long, maybe a good place to start iw why you decided to come here today?

Good luck and best wishes,

Pix

dougsan

Postby dougsan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:00 pm

Yes, welcome Allison. I hope this forum is as positive for you as it has been for me.

megankp

Postby megankp » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Hi Allison,

I'm Megan, from Canada as well. I have been struggling with depression as well for as long as I can remember, I am now 22 years old. I have a lot of gloomy days as well, and I feel like I am really slipping towards a really bad place lately.

Maybe we can help each other out. What's your depression like? What do you feel like most days, do you have triggers? Has anything helped you before?

Ulysses_

Postby Ulysses_ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi Megan,

Sorry for replying so slowly. It's been a pretty rough month for me. My anxiety has been quite bad lately mixed with my depression so I've finally given to a low dose anti-anxiety/anti-depressant called Cipralex which I've been on before (actually when I was around 21 is when I first tried it). That drug worked very well to initially pull me out of the bad funk I was in so that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy could help (which it did for numerous years). I am starting up with CBT again this April, combined with my medication I am sure things will work out. I think CBT is always a good chance for a hopeful and bright future as it really helped me look at things in a different way. It will also give you coping skills if you also struggle with some anxiety too. I urge you to seek help by looking at what your local area has to offer regarding therapists. Some are even free/supported by United Way. Good luc and I will keep you updated on my progress!

Return to “New Member Introductions”