I have no one to talk to

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

abigail

I have no one to talk to

Postby abigail » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:22 pm

I have had depression for 14 years. My family is not financially able to seek treatment so I have never had professional help. My husband of 2 years is overwhelmed with my "moods" and I can tell that he is done with emotional rollercoaster. I don't blame him because I felt the same way about my father depression. I don't want to put my family through my illness and I wanted to know if there was medical facilities where I could check myself into since my depression is worsening. I do not have insurance though. Any advice?

fallen

Postby fallen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:37 am

are there any community based self help/depression groups you can attend to talk about how you are feeling ?
perhaps there is a crisis line you can call for free information.
maybe writing it out on here or somewhere you feel safe may alleviate some of the pain that you are feeling.
anyway thought i would say hi.
take care

lostintranslation

Postby lostintranslation » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:44 am

Well, you came to a good place. There are a lot of people here (like myself) who have struggled with depression for 14 years at least (longer for me). It's one of those chronic life things, in my situation. I think the last time I wasn't depressed I was 6. Escapism helps. Books, movies, creativity, physical indulgences. It has occurred to me that the only thing that would help someone like me is medication, but I won't seek it because, well, that goes on your permanent record, and if I'm going to suffer, at least I'll suffer with dignity? Or whatever simulacrum of dignity I can muster.

abigail

Postby abigail » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 pm

I tried to look up support groups around my home but many required a fee per session, too expensive, books & movies sound good, & yeah depression drugs leave a paper trail i can see how that might look bad on someone's record...you are right, this is a good place. Its helps to know that there are others can relate. Thanx

Return to “New Member Introductions”