Hi! I'm new here and I got a question! Thanks in advance =)

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

bethcallahan

Hi! I'm new here and I got a question! Thanks in advance =)

Postby bethcallahan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi Everyone!

I've been suffering from depression for more than 2 years now and I'm just sick and tired of it. I want to get rid of it and move on with my life but at the same time I feel helpless.

Anyway, I read about Laminine from a certain blog saying that this "supplement/miracle drug" is appropriate for treating or at least minimizing depression. The blogger gave the link where she's buying the product (google to find the link).

I also googled it and I found many testimonials of healing from cancer, stroke, glaucoma, diabetes, kidney problems... and yes, even depression. The reason given (among others )was Laminine increases the serotonin levels which plays a major role in eliminating or at least minimizing depression. I am not familiar with it or how it works or if it even works. The product is sold for I think $188 which is kinda expensive but if it's effective I'll buy it, if it's not I'm not gonna waste my money on it. The blogger has personally tried it though(or at least that's what she says) and she added that it's safe, effectively cures diseases, discovered by a Canadian doctor...

Anyway, anyone here who has tried it?

I would appreciate any info.

Thanks

fallen

Postby fallen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 am

if you are genuine as a person i am sorry for your depression ,and as for the question i would say there is no miracle to anything, no one pill for all diseases, that is la..la..land.
i am looking out my window right now trying to spot a flying pig !
i suspect though you are a sales person blogging this product on every depression site you see on the internet, i would say to you there is a hell and your going there .
if you are not i apologize in advance , but i have been in sales a long time so i am very skeptical of stuff like this especially when companies take advantage of those who suffer. once again i do not mean to offend if this is not the case.

take care

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 am

Hi Beth,
see, medicines for depression bring lot of side effects after a prolonged use! If u r thinking that u will stop using anti depressants after u start feeling good, that happens only if there is some Pathologic problem with u. But if u know that u have been goin thru some stressful / depressing problems in ur life...first either try to solve them or try to learn how to get along with them. May be i am wrong but what i think is, if a person is sure that there is no pathologic or psychiatric problem with him or her then NO medicines can treat depression. Only learning how to deal with the problems of life (that are giving rise to depression) can only help.
That's my point of view.
What's urs? Do share!

Frame

Postby Frame » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:21 am

Hi beth;

I am convinced (prove me wrong) that depression is a response not a cause. It has been proven to be an effect to stress in many living things. Yes, it's a physical effect which can be altered by different changes (chemical, physical, mental,..) but chronic stress brings chronic depression and with it come altered physical states.

What am I talking about? Two things. First; long term depression alters chemistry, habits, metal patterns,... and long term solutions involve altering all these states. You can do it., but you need to have patience and give your self many breaks along the way.

Second; If the underlying stressors remain then changing depression is much more difficult and probably temporary. So it's important to gather the courage to look directly at the roots of depression. It's much harder than the side effects of chemistry yet more productive. And you probably can't do it alone. So look for help, here, and around you. And don't be discouraged if at first you look but do not see. I think most of the roots are buried in our development as people and not easy to see or accept.

bethcallahan

Postby bethcallahan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 am

Thank you for your replies.

No, I'm not in sales. Just looking for a better solution.

I'm taking Paxil (paroxetine). I used to take Prozac but I suffered from asthenia so I stopped it and there's another one that also didn't work.

I'll consult my doctor about this supplement.

Thanks again!

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:29 am

Your welcome Beth.
If u want to read about ur medicines, u can write the name of the salt of the medicine on the website "Wikipedia.com" and u can read about everything like when and why to take this medicine, what are the side effects, what are the interaction of one salt with the other medicines.
If u have an android phone u can download the Wikipedia app. It is more like an encyclopedia on phone. Just an example. U can read about any thing here.

Beth, Not just about medicines, u are welcome to share ur thoughts and feelings as well.

Hope to hear from u...more about how u r doing! :)
Take care of urself.
Sara.

Return to “New Member Introductions”