I just need someone to talk to

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

FlyAway13

I just need someone to talk to

Postby FlyAway13 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Hey everyone. I just feel like I have nowhere else to turn to. I'm a female college student, starting my senior year. I just have this flood of emotion that I need to let out, so bare with me here.

I feel alone all the time. I try to do class work to keep myself busy, and exercise, but I feel so drained and like I just want to lay in bed all day and do nothing. I do very well in my classes, but accomplishments like that don't feel this void that I feel all the time. I have tried numerous times to talk to my friends and my boyfriend about how I feel, and well I feel like they try to understand where I'm coming from, I leave the conversation feeling more alone than ever. All of them have suggested that I talk to a professional, and that I need professional help, and upon hearing that, I felt even more alone. Almost like I am a burden to them, and my fears and problems do not matter for them to help me fix it. Sometimes, like right now, I just cry, and while it makes me feel better, I don't know exactly why or what I'm crying about, and nothing gets resolved.

I guess I just need someone to talk to, because I feel like no one truly listens to me.

saragupta

Postby saragupta » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey hi.
First of all u are warmly welcome at this forum. And so plz don't consider urself ALONE anymore. Now u won't be. This is a very nice site because here ppl will always listen u and then they will try to advise u...if they cudn't advise they will always there to listen u at least with a sensitive heart.

I am a female, 26 years old. Single and live in India.
I also sometimes feel the same way. But i am glad that u r having friends and a boyfriend by ur side. I have neither of them. But i try to stay happy.

I can understand that there are a few times when u just feel soooo low and exhausted from life but u have no clue, why u r feeling that way! I mean i go thru such phases every now and then. If i am getting u wrong plz point it out so that I cud understand u well enough to help u out.
During these phases, i often try to talk to myself like a stranger. I know i am sounding weird. Let me explain u, umm, what exactly i do is i just ask my self a few very straight forward questions. I divide myself into two persons One is me only who will answer and Other one will be a stranger.
Like i ask myself,
*-what's wrong! What exactly u feeling?
angry or sad....jealous or alone...literally tired or bored...metaphorically tired of life?
-if my answer is sad and jealous and metaphorically tired of life

*-why? Problem at job? Or problem with someone ? Or problem with studies? Or problem at home?
- my answer wud be (right now) problem at home and with my studies

*what is it?? Can u see or think any option (possible or impossible all types of options)
-at home i have problems which i can't do anything about but i can't live with those either. And at studies, well all my friends are doing MD where as i am still mbbs passed dint qualify md entrance exam. For that I ll ve to do immense hard work.

Answer to my problem, i ll have to learn how to give less weightage to home problems so that I cud do studies.

I know it is not this simple. But when u do this simple stupid game regularly many times a day, u WILL notice that ur mind is getting straight and and focussed.

One more thing, u know i have been suffering from subclinical hypothyroidism since 4 years. But it was under control till last week...due to regular medications and regular exercises. But since one month i and my Mumma had been noticing that my depression is changing its face. Like earlier, i used to keep my point of view although in depressive way but still i never used to cry. But now, i tend to cry at small small issues PLUS even though i haven't increased my diet and have been doing walk and exercise regularly then also my weight increased a few kilos.. So i got my anti thyroid antibodies test done. It was positive and elevated also.
I am telling u this so that u don't feel awkward or "even more alone" like u said, when ur caring friends ask u to visit a doctor. It's upto u dear, if u want to continue ur visits or not. But there's no harm in seeing a doctor for once. Right?

SMcGregor

Postby SMcGregor » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:17 am

Involve yourself in some voluntary work – thinking about helping others can take the focus off self introversion and self obsessiveness and can help with self esteem. When you learn to respect and value yourself you can come to enjoy your own company and eventually others will too.

Llkeffll

Postby Llkeffll » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:07 am

Ill listen.

When people simply suggest a way out or some way they think will help it makes me feel as though my feelings aren't warranted. Like I'm doing this to myself; that it's my fault..

Sometimes I just want someone to acknowledge that I'm hurting, and to let me know that they care. A little understanding goes a long way.

So ill listen and try to understand as best I can.

I'm not saying suggestions are bad though. They are important and needed. I believe that there are multiple roles and ways of helping. Ill gladly play the role of the indifferent ear. It's a way of helping you help yourself

Return to “New Member Introductions”