Just Registered

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

applejoe

Just Registered

Postby applejoe » Tue May 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey, I am new here and hoping to find someone, anyone who wants to listen to me because I have been isolating myself from everyone because I don't feel like they understand.

My personal life is a big mess, and my work life isn't so good either. Me and my boyfriend live together and work together, and over time we have grown apart. My friends don't come around anymore because I just don't think we relate to each other anymore.

I've been suffering from depression off and on for years, and my depression has been snowballing since around February or March. Really, I put on a big smile :D , everyone thinks I'm normal/happy except behind closed doors. :cry:

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed May 29, 2013 3:00 am

hi applejoe. Welcome to the forum. I hope you try the chatroom too. Got a bunch of listeners. I'm sorry you feel like people don't understand sometimes people can try to understand and that can help.

It's very hard to work with someone you live with. Have you thought about seeking other employment to see if that improves the relationship?

You don't have to pretend to be happy here.

hollyann

applejoe

Postby applejoe » Wed May 29, 2013 4:51 pm

He has been looking for a higher paying job. I get paid more than he does and have more responsibility; he thinks he should get paid more. (I'm smarter than he is.) What bothers me is he asks me almost every day about leaving me, and it hurts. We are making ends meet right now, us working at the same place is convenient, but convenience comes at a price. I separate myself from him as much as possible for the time being. We try to not discuss work related matters at home. We are trying but it feels like nothing is going anywhere.
I will try the chatroom soon when I make the time.

Return to “New Member Introductions”