'Sup

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Overthought

'Sup

Postby Overthought » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 am

My name is Jonathan and I've been struggling with Depression/Anxiety for about 9 years now, since I was 8. Most of it is a result of school. I get so many thoughts and feelings running through my head in the morning that I just break down, and no matter what I do I can't seem to stop it once it I start.

Dibs

Postby Dibs » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:12 am

Hey Jonathan ...

I think I can relate to what you are going through. School was always very hard for me. Have you tried to do anything about it, besides coming here? Have you talked to people (family, friends) about it? Do you have any idea what is causing the negative thoughts that start to spin around in your head when you are at school? Does it have something to do with the other students and what they think about you? Is it something to do with the schoolwork, or the teachers? Can you even tell?

Starting to ask some of those questions can probably help you to know what to best do about your issues. Maybe you've already figured it out and tried some things. If so, has anything worked?

I hope you can get some support here. Keep on trying.

Overthought

Postby Overthought » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Mood disorders run in my family, both my Mom and my Brother are Bipolar so everyone knows how I feel and have been trying to help me the entire time. I've seen several different counsalers and psychyatrists over the years, I've been prescribed almost a dozen different medications, I've been home schooled, and my schedule has been altered so I've only had to go for half the normal amount of time. Currently I have little issue with the actual work, its the actual going to school that I'm having trouble with. The other kids leave me alone, so they're not really a problem.

As for the thoughts themselves, look at my other post "They won't go away".

Return to “New Member Introductions”