Where do I start?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid, Sunlily92

endlessmelancholy

Where do I start?

Postby endlessmelancholy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:46 am

Well, this is my introduction to all of you. I am a male in my mid forties. In 2008 I had a marriage that fell apart. In February of 2011, my father had a heart attack and died, and shortly thereafter, my very ill mother moved in with me so I could take care of her. This led to my girlfriend of almost three years dumping me in October of this year. So, I have been a bit stressed out to say the least.
I met someone a few days afterwards that seemed to be my salvation. She was a wonderful, passionate woman that talked about being lonely and needing someone that would love her despite the fact that she had kids and baggage. I fell for her quickly. More so than anyone I have ever loved. I asked her to marry me. She said yes, and she has had me meet all of her family members and tells everyone how much she loves me. But, a few weeks ago I ran across some facebook messages between her and an old boyfriend that make me think that she might be cheating on me. I find myself worried all of the time. She assures me I have nothing to worry about, but the evidencepoints otherwise. I am afraid that she is marrying me because I am a good guy and can be a good provider and stepfather, and not because she loves me. And this has me VERY down.

JadenB19

Postby JadenB19 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 am

Hi there. What is your first name sir? My name is Jaden and although I am only half of your age and lack the quantity of life experience I have had troubled thoughts and feelings like that when I was with my ex-girlfriend. Despite my situation being undoubtedly different from yours I had my heart broken after falling in love and wrongly sensing that I had a strong stable relationship with a beautiful caring woman. She broke up with me for other difficult reasons and I am almost positive she never did cheat on me.

Keep your thread alive man!

Terri

Slow down

Postby Terri » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 am

Maybe step back and slow down a bit take thing easy & see how thing go before rushing into marriage.

PeaceLove

Postby PeaceLove » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:21 am

endlessmelancholy *hugs* Hello and welcome! :) I am sorry to here about your past losses. I lost my father in 2010. I am defiantly not the ideal source of information nor pretend for a second I know the reality of love. However, This person must be very special to you and maybe looking at the "logical evidence" isn't the best way? Maybe instead you can try listening with your heart. What do your instincts tell you? I would suggest trying your best to explain that you trust her but something just doesn't feel right in the back of your head and see if there is any understandings to be met regarding the situation. Whatever the outcome my be down the road, let happiness find you.

Again this is all coming from a hopeless romantic just barely reaching adulthood, so take it for what it is worth :)

Love,

PeaceLove

Return to “New Member Introductions”