Hi there, not sure if I'm facing depression right now......

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

kathyuna

Hi there, not sure if I'm facing depression right now......

Postby kathyuna » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 am

I'm 27 years old and I recently suffer from break up with my boy friend. I always thought that we're going steadily until he voice out bout the breakup. Is been a month or more since the official breakup, and I haven't been enjoying anything since then. I tried to live my life normally, working as usual, but at times, I just feel depress all of a sudden, and constantly cried in the bathroom. I afraid thinking too much alone won't help, so I often find friends to talk. But is been a month & I feel that most of my friends are tired of my expressing my feelings to them. I can't even eat properly as I have no appetite. I tried to live as usual, but things just don't feel alright. It might sounds silly, all this just because of a breakup. But he used to be my everything, my mental support, my life partner, my future family & my close friend. I just don't know who to talk to now as I contantly feeling so depress.

JulesK

Postby JulesK » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 am

Hi K and welcome.

I think it is normal, to feel depressed after a breakup. I hope you'll continue posting here but believe me, you'll start to feel better after a while.

Take care and let us know how you're doing.

kathyuna

Postby kathyuna » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:25 am

Hi, thanks for your reply.I keep telling myself that I'll be fine when time past. But the fact is, I'm working together with him in the same company. We have the same gang of lunch buddies, we even have most of the common close friends cause we used to be classmates. My life just all around him, but I feel hard now facing him everyday. I'm not sure if leaving all these, and never see him again will help. But even I'm back at home, alone in the room, I feel depressed. I used to tell my friends about my feelings. But as time past, I bet they got tired of listening, all they can say were “why won't you just let go?" I know I have to let go, I understand. Just that no matter how positive I tried to be, I can't keep it long lasting. Eventually, I just fall again, and feeling that no one there for me anymore.

kathyuna

Postby kathyuna » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm

I getting this depressed feeling more and more often, as if it never go away. I talk to my friends bout it. But I know well, they're busy & will get tired of their own life too. Is not much patient they can spare for me. Most of all, even they care, they're running out of words to say. In the end they just can keep silent. It is fine with that. Everyone have their own lifes to live. But I really need someone who can sleays be there for me now. But no one can do that. Even my families have their own thing to busy with. And they can get really impatient. Not even the one I thought will be my life time companion, will stay with me & bear with me. He just choose to leave. I don't thing I need people to pity me. I just need someone who deeply care, who willing & will understands, who will stay with me. But I know, now such a person don't exist in my life any more.

balcony

Postby balcony » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Kathyuna, welcome to the forums. A breakup is very sad and each person deals with the grief and loss in a different way. If this loss is getting in the way of normal functioning, however, I think you should consider talking to a professional about it. There might be other issues going on and some help might help you heal a bit faster. I am sorry it is so hard, we all have lost someone at some point, and I hope you can take something positive away from the whole thing and start to feel better. Take care

kathyuna

Postby kathyuna » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, it's hard to get professional advice in my country. And I don't think I can afford it. I understand that everyone, somehow,had gone through it. But for now, I can't help but keep thinking, is it my fault? Am I really that problematic? Too much question & doubts flow into my mind......

kathyuna

Postby kathyuna » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, it's hard to get professional advice in my country. And I don't think I can afford it. I understand that everyone, somehow,had gone through it. But for now, I can't help but keep thinking, is it my fault? Am I really that problematic? Too much question & doubts flow into my mind......

Return to “New Member Introductions”