Hello everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jazminetta

Hello everyone

Postby Jazminetta » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I popped into the chat room really fast yesterday and liked what I saw so I thought I would join the forum. My main reason for depression is my health issues. I have severe asthma, hypothyroid, and other issues...it just always seems there is something wrong with my body and I am tired of being in some kind of pain, tired of being told I am "too young" to have these problems. We all know that health issues come in all ages and besides, I am close to being 40 so I am not that young. I am also tired of going to doctors time and time again and being given another medication that doesn't work. It is quite discouraging. People don't seem to think I have any real problems, yet they don't know how my body feels every day. I hope I have not bored you to death with my problems. :wink: I don't know what the age range is here, hopefully I am not too "old" but I am 39. I look forward to seeing you folks in the chat again.

balcony

Postby balcony » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Jazminetta, and welcome to the forums. I am happy to hear that you tried the chat room here at DU. It is another great resource for you.
I am sorry to hear about your various health issues and the experiences you have had with doctors. I hope you are able to find some good treatments that work for you. Physically feeling well makes a huge difference in a person's life. Every time I have experienced a health problem, I am struck by how much harder everything becomes. Please have no worries about your age, you are not too old or too young ( shhhh, I am older) Nice to meet you and I look forward to hearing more. Take care.

Jazminetta

Thanks Lisa :)

Postby Jazminetta » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Nice to meet you friend and thanks for welcoming me. Yes, you are right, health issues play a huge part in how you feel mentally. It really takes a toll sometimes.

Return to “New Member Introductions”