Hi everybody

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

areki

Hi everybody

Postby areki » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 am

I have decided to create this profile hoping i can finally solve my issues.
I didn't have anything tragic happening to me but still i've been more or less depressed for almost half of my like.
My main issue is that I don't know how to enjoy life. I am practically a shut-in
Yes, I have a rather boring and annoying 9 to 8 job. But so do my collegues and they don't let that affect their life.
Yes, I am single( at 32). But let's be honestly, I am not the only one.
I moved one year ago in a nice new city with a cool life style, nice old architecture ( the kind of architecture I like to see). People from over the world come here for holidays, yet I spend my time locked in my room, glued to my lap top.
I constantly want to be somewhere else, but never had the courage to do smth about it. I have allways left things happen to me, never made things happen.
I am practically feeding my depression. Come to think, I am a masochist, "enjoying" my mental pain. :?

dustinthewind

Welcome!

Postby dustinthewind » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Welcome to the forum! I don't think that you are creating your pain. Changing how we respond to depression over time is the issue for many of us I think, or at least I should speak for myself. This summer, I have tried to make the goal of connecting with old friends--I've pretty much isolated myself now. Is there something you would want to start with?

Sorry you are suffering!

Return to “New Member Introductions”